Sunday, 11 June 2017

Hair Care | Oribe Gold Lust Dry Shampoo


Subscription boxes, or stand alone boxes, are definitely one of the best ways to get your hands on products you'd never even pick up and Oribe's Gold Lust Dry Shampoo is definitely one of those.

I feel like lately, I've tried more dry shampoos than anything else, why I'm not entirely sure as I'm quite happy with my two staples. Oribe's Gold Lust claims to make your hair "instantly clean" and "prevent damage" all while promising to "absorb product buildup, oil and impurities with translucent powders", doing all of this "while soothing scalp and restoring strength and softness". Gold Lust contains "watermelon, lychee and edelweiss flower" all of which help to "defend[s] hair from oxidative stress, photoaging and the deterioration of natural keratin all while protecting from the drying, damaging and colour depleting effects of the elements". As well as claiming to protect your hair in that way, Gold Lust also contains "translucent starch blend" which acts to "instantly absorb[s] dirt, oil, impurities and product build-up leaving hair feeling 'just washed'" www.oribe.com.

I can't say this was a bad dry shampoo, but I can say this was a dry shampoo that just did nothing for my hair. It absorbed into my hair so well that when I woke up in the morning there was just no trace of me applying this. I'm just glad I didn't apply this on a day when I really needed this in my hair; it didn't leave a trace behind at all it just seemed to totally disappear. Personally, I love the idea of my dry shampoo being as protective for my hair as it is absorbing and cleansing; but the absorbing and cleansing aspects just need to come first.