Friday, 30 June 2017

Friday First | The Body Shop Lightening Shade Adjusting Drops


I really want to promise you that I'll stop raving about The Body Shop one day soon, but when they keep coming out with those products that I've always needed in my life how can I stop? Also, they're such good quality how can I walk away from them?
Now I know I'm not alone with this struggle; I'm a pale girl and I don't tan, or especially like to tan, which leaves even the palest foundation shades still a shade or two too dark for me. I'm also oily, which means I have tried many, many brands which claim to have a diverse shade range... Spoiler, the majority don't. My current go to foundation is the L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24H-Matte foundation; some days it is perfect for me, other days it is just a smidge too dark for me. So in sweep The Body Shop with what I'm hoping will be my life saviour, their Lightening Shade Adjusting Drops which "help turn an almost there shade into a perfect one". The lightening drops work with the simple equation of "1 drop - 1/2 shade lighter" simple right? Now, "a concentration of white and pink pigments... helps neutralise yellowness while lightening". I won't lie, the fact that the lightening shades have a pink undertone does worry me slightly, but so far I haven't noticed any issues with this (www.thebodyshop.com).



I personally tend to add one and a half drops to my usual amount of foundation and then I go to town and apply my foundation as usual; I won't lie the weirdest part of this is that because my foundation now matches my skin and doesn't look even a shade too dark for me took a bit of getting used to. Also, the reason I go for that second half a drop is that I'd go for the full two but Jesus, getting the pipette to actually pick up product and be able to distribute them why is that so hard? I've read a few reviews where the pink undertones have put some people off, and I won't lie it does sit at the back of my mind. Although I haven't seen any issues with this just yet; let's see if I'm able to catch any sun on my face if this changes. The lightening drops don't adjust the consistency of my foundation at all, although I have only tried these out on my heavy duty foundation; I'll test them out on my Wake Me Up foundation and I'll let you know if they work just as well with this one!


Will I continue to use The Body Shop's Lightening Shade Adjusting Drops? I'm currently using these on a daily basis. It's still taking a bit of time to get used to the fact that I now have a foundation that actually matches my neck! But the fact I'm now not continually having to try out different foundation shades makes my life a hell of a lot easier.
Will I repurchase The Body Shop's Lightening Shade Adjusting Drops? 100% definitely. For £10 I can see this little miracle lasting me a lifetime, especially only needed a maximum of two drops at a time. I'm interested to try a similar product which is pure white, although I'm worried that the flashback would be unreal. I also can't remember the brand, so if you know what I'm on about, let me know!
Would I recommend The Body Shop's Lightening Shade Adjusting Drops? Definitely! All my fellow pale girls rejoice, I have your saviour right here. I'm sick of people pointing out to me that my foundation doesn't match and they can see the line no matter how much I blend everything out. But now, I don't have to put up with that anymore. It's such a simple step that doesn't take up a million hours while applying your makeup either, and also doesn't cost you the earth.
Overall score out of 5? A 4. The pipette in this product is genuinely the bane of my life; why can't it just easily distribute the product I'm asking it to pick up and drop into my foundation? Apart from that, it's great. It doesn't mess with the consistency of my foundation, it doesn't make my foundation split throughout the day and so far I haven't noticed any flashback... I'll keep you updated if any of this changes though!