Friday, 21 April 2017

Friday First | Beaver Daily Moisture Conditioning Spray


My favourite thing about subscription boxes is that they really encourage me to try new products. As much as I love trying out new products, when it comes to old favourites I can be very reluctant to try anything, in fear that I'll fall in love with a ridiculously expensive product and also I'm very nervous when it comes to trying anything new on my hair. The Daily Moisture Conditioning Spray by Beaver came in February's Birchbox. It sounded interesting, but it also didn't really stand out from the millions of other sprays for hair out there and I was happy enough with my Aussie spray. The Daily Moisture Conditioning Spray is designed as a "light detangler" which "imparts shine and luster to hair without weighing it down" and like any other conditioning spray you can "leave it in for more conditioning". The Conditioning Spray also "helps reduce frizz and flyaways for improved manageability... penetrate[s] hair to moisturise from within and add shine and body" (www.beaver-cn.com).

I'm currently using this on my hair every time after I wash it, although because I have to use so little of it I'm actually thinking of leaving it at Ryan's so I actually have something to use on my hair when I've washed it at his. I've been using this as a pair with my Wet Brush, and detangling my hair fresh out of the shower is now a dream. I still struggle with some really troublesome knots, but I just spray a little extra of the Conditioning Spray on them and they become a thing of the past. I have noticed increased shine to my hair, which I couldn't place my finger on why until I've just reminded myself of what the Conditioning Spray is meant to do, so it definitely adds shine! The amount of frizz and flyaways I'm dealing with has decreased dramatically which is something I have dreamed of for years! I can't say I'm overly keen on the scent; I can't quite describe the scent but it's not my favourite. Although, after brushing through my hair it disappears and can't be detected at all!

Will I continue to use Beaver's Daily Moisturising Conditioning Spray? Like I've said above I'm currently using this every time I wash my hair. But I do think I'm going to leave it at Ryan's so I have something to use there and don't have to worry about forgetting anything. I'll definitely keep using it, though!
Will I repurchase Beaver's Daily Moisturising Conditioning Spray? I don't think I will. It's good and I like what it does for my hair, but I can't say it stands out from my Aussie Protection Spray enough for me to justify spending £11.50 on something new.
Would I recommend Beaver's Daily Moisturising Conditioning Spray? Just like with The Wet Brush if you're someone who really struggles with tangled hair while it's wet then you really do need to try this. If you're also looking for a way to put a little moisture back into your hair, or deal with those annoying flyaways and frizz then give it a go!
Overall score out of 5? A 3. I do enjoy how easy it is to untangle my hair, and I enjoy the added shine, moisture and manageability. However, the scent is something I really don't like and it doesn't really stand out as anything special from anything that I've used for my hair in the past.