Friday, 10 March 2017

Friday First | NYX Epic Black Mousse Liner

So my trusty Seventeen eyeliner, which was perfectly fine a few days before may I add, completely betrayed me and dried up on me with no warning. So this meant running to Boots while in town to grab some new eyeliner. Being betrayed even further because my Seventeen eyeliner was out of stock meant that I had to try something new. I've been trying a few bits from NYX lately so I had no concerns trying their gel eyeliner. Now the NYX eyeliner is actually described as a mousse liner, so naturally, my interest was grabbed. NYX are really pushing the boat out and claiming that their "fluffy light-weight formula with... boldest black pigments" liner is "EPIC" (www.nyxcosmetics.co.uk).

So let's be honest, this is genuinely one of the most pigmented eyeliners I have ever used. There is no element of greying with this liner, it stays as black as when you first put it on. It's definitely light-weight as well, it didn't dry out or have that weird sensation of becoming heavy as the day went on. There was no smudging and no transfer to my eyebrow bone, which is definitely a bonus! Now, I'm not sure if I just suddenly lost the ability to do winged liner overnight for a few days or if it was because this liner is so creamy that there seems to be no control while attempting to create a wing. So as much as it's beautifully soft and creamy it's also a slight nightmare if I'm in a rush and just need to create a wing. Although if I'm honest, it's so creamy and soft I was struggling to control it even when I've got all the time in the world, but I now seem to have cracked it!


Will I continue to use NYX's Epic Black Mousse Liner? Oh, I'm not giving up with this and I will be using this until I have mastered this liner, and I think I'm almost there! It's genuinely one of the most pigmented eyeliners I have ever used and there is really no pulling at my eyelid while applying it.
Will I repurchase NYX's Epic Black Mousse Liner? I'm currently not so sure, the fact it's taking me so long to adjust to it because I'm struggling to adjust to it and control it, I don't think I will be.
Would I recommend NYX's Epic Black Mousse Liner? If unlike me and you're a total pro with gel eyeliner and can do a wing like there is no tomorrow then definitely. You'll love this!
Overall score out of 5? Annoyingly a 3. I had higher expectations and despite it being super creamy, smooth and pigmented; the fact it is so creamy and smooth is its downfall and means I just genuinely cannot use it.