Friday, 17 March 2017

Friday First | COLAB Dry Shampoo Extreme Volume Paris


So while I was in town shopping a few weeks ago I saw that Superdrug had a deal on the COLAB dry shampoos. With COLAB dry shampoo being a brand I've only ever heard good things about I picked one up without hesitation. I picked up one of the Extreme Volume Collections in the Paris Floral Fragrance scent. Now, a scent isn't the be all and end all for me when I'm using a dry shampoo, in fact, if I find them to be too overscented then I can't stand them. COLAB's Extreme Volume Collection "adds the additional elements of body, height and ultimate volume without the extensive time or effort usually required" as it "features an extreme plumping powder" while also promising "refreshing roots". Now, I don't always need volume in my hair but sometimes it is nice; especially on those days where my hair is a little bit more greasy and limp. The Paris fragrance is made up of top notes; bergamot and mandarin, heart notes of; jasmine, rose and ylang-ylang, and base notes of; amber, patchouli, tonka and musk (www.colab-hair.com).

Now, I've used plenty of products in the past for volume but christ nothing compares to this. If you've ever lusted after volume or needed insane volume for a night out then you've probably come across Powder Punch, or at least something incredibly similar. A powder that delivers on the volume front, but holy crap the way it makes your hair is awful. This dry shampoo did exactly that to my hair, in fact as soon as I put it in my hair I felt my roots just clump together and I wanted to do nothing more than wash my hair. Nonetheless, I stuck with it and used my usual trick with sleeping with dry shampoo in to help it absorb even more but this didn't work. My hair genuinely felt like a birds nest, and when straightening it the next morning I was just having to grab clumps of my hair to straighten, I couldn't physically separate my hair to straighten it. My roots were refreshed, though, my hair didn't feel or look greasy, but if I'm honest I avoided touching my hair all day long. I can't say the fragrance really came through if I'm honest. Like I said, I don't purposely look for a fragrance in my dry shampoo but I was really interested to see how the different notes would come through.

Will I continue to use COLAB's Extreme Volume Dry Shampoo? I currently don't have any other dry shampoo so I'm going to have to use this one until I pick some more up. I'm wondering if spraying it from a distance, maybe from across the other side of my bedroom, will make a difference to how my hair felt.
Will I repurchase COLAB's Extreme Volume Dry Shampoo? Definitely not. I've not given up on the COLAB brand because I desperately want to try some of the other varieties, but I'll definitely be avoiding the Extreme Volume collection.
Would I recommend COLAB's Extreme Volume Dry Shampoo? If you're all about the ridiculous amount of volume in life then this is definitely for you. I highly doubt you'll ever need to backcomb your hair with this. However, if you're just looking for an everyday dry shampoo which allows you to still do things with your hair, then avoid this.
Overall score out of 5? A 2. My roots were definitely refreshed and my hair didn't look greasy; so as a typical dry shampoo it worked perfectly. However with how my hair just clumped together meaning that I couldn't physically brush it, straighten it, and I even struggled to get it into a ponytail....