Friday, 17 February 2017

Friday First | The Wet Brush

Ever have a product that you're totally dubious about and pretty sure it won't live up to all the hype? Well, this is definitely one of these. The Wet Brush was included in this months Birchbox and if I'm honest my first thought was "eh, it'll come in useful at some point I guess" and I'm also fiercely loyal to my HeadJog Tangle Teezer dupe. The Wet Brush is very confident in stating that it's "the only hairbrush you'll ever need" which is "designed specifically for wet hair" that is able to "detangle your knots with ease - no matter what hair type". Using this brush for the first time was some kind of miracle, and I literally had no idea how it worked so well... it turns out that the Wet Brush has IntelliFlex® bristles that "are super thin, strong and flexible" that "glide through any hair type combing out tangles effortlessly" (www.thewetbrush.com).

So I've already given you a spoiler, and if you follow me on Instagram then you'll know I'm in love with this little miracle worker. As a girl with long hair, I suffer from knots like there is no tomorrow and the closer I get to needing my hair cut the worse it becomes. My HeadJog does wonders for my hair, but I have noticed that with those particularly troublesome knots that it really does pull at my hair still. I really didn't have high hopes for this, especially because it really does look like a regular hair brush but oh this really does work wonders on my hair; there is no pulling at my hair and it tackles even my worst knots with ease while being super gentle!

Will I continue to use The Wet Brush? Definitely, it hasn't replaced my HeadJog all together as I'll be saving that for my hair when it's dry. But when I'm fresh out of the shower this is the first thing I'm reaching for!
Will I repurchase The Wet Brush? Believe me, I'm already thinking about buying one to leave at Ryan's because brushing my hair there is a nightmare and this is going to be the first thing I throw into my bag when travelling.
Would I recommend The Wet Brush? If you're someone who really struggles with knots in their hair while it's wet then you really do need this in your life!
Overall score out of 5? A 4. I love how effortlessly this glides through my hair and tackles my knots. I can't use it on my hair dry, to put my parting in, or to style my hair in general. But when my hair is wet this is my best friend.