Friday, 10 February 2017

Friday First | Rosie for Autograph Lip Glossy



A rose gold lovers dream if you've ever seen one... So this week I'm finally reviewing an item from my Marks & Spencer Beauty Advent Calendar! As soon as I took these photos, I knew that my Rosie for Autograph Lip Glossy had to be the first review I did from the beauty calendar and let's be honest you can probably see why. My Lip Glossy is in the shade Supermodel Smile, a very natural rose looking shade. Lip Glossy's are described as "a jelly soft lip gloss with a cushiony feel" which "gives lips brilliant colour with a smooth, water shine finish". M&S also promise that Lip Glossy's will leave "lips feel[ing] hydrated, non-sticky and soft" (www.marksandspencer.com).

Let's address the elephant in the room here; I never wear gloss and I've never liked wearing gloss. So why did you try out a gloss Beka? Well, the colour is to die for but let's just get to it. I've read so many reviews on the Lip Glossy and so many people seem to be able to get some form of colour from this, but for me, it just seemed clear. I seriously only got the tiniest amount of payoff from this and I was left really disappointed. The only way I can describe the look this left me with is slightly more put together lip balm. It actually wasn't sticky unlike most lip glosses, so it definitely lived up to that claim! I can't comment on the hydration claim because I had a cup of tea while I was testing out the Lip Glossy and it had disappeared completely by the end of my tea...

Will I continue to use Rosie for Autograph Lip Glossy? I really want to say that in Spring and Summer when I'm going out for the evening instead of just throwing on my lip balm I'll be reaching for this instead for that put together look... But there is also part of me that feels I might forget about this if I'm honest.
Will I repurchase Rosie for Autograph Lip Glossy? Definitely not, and if you're surprised by that then I don't know how. Lip glosses aren't my thing, and for such little payoff, £12.50 could be spent somewhere a hell of a lot better.
Would I recommend Rosie for Autograph Lip Glossy? I'd definitely swatch these if you can, if you're able to get some colour payoff from this then go for it. If you're a lip gloss lover then you'll love this. If you don't, then you can definitely skip over this and not be missing out.
Overall score out of 5? Let's call it a 2. The colour pay off it awful, and it just gives me the same look as my lip balm does. For me, it didn't even survive a cup of tea, so it's definitely a thumbs down.