Sunday, 15 January 2017

Life | "It Does Not Do To Dwell On Dreams and Forget To Live"


If you've been here for a while then you'll know that for the past two years I have written to each month; for the first year I wrote at the start of each month of what I hoped for and then last year I wrote at the end of each month, summing up everything that had happened. Towards the end of last year, these posts weren't feeling like I was writing for me anymore, I was writing purely because it was a blog post that I needed to keep up.

This year I'm going to make 2017 mine. Not in that way, I'm not seizing the day and achieving every single dream I have. I mean I'm going to make the most of everything that happens this year and focus on making memories. I'm always the type of person that says I'm going to take more photos, but I never do and I'm not the best at reflecting on each day.

For Christmas, I was given a 'One Thought A Day' book which will last me for 5 years, and I am determined to fill it. Although it's harder than I ever imagined; I have so many thoughts every single day, how can choosing one, to sum up that day be so difficult? I'm also currently using the Happiness Planner app; I've been wanting a Happiness Planner for so long and the app is my answer, it's at my fingertips and when I'm travelling it comes with me.

So as Albus Dumbledore reminded us, "It Does Not Do To Dwell On Dreams and Forget To Live". 2017 is going to be the year that I make memories for myself, and it's the year I take back.