Friday, 9 December 2016

Friday First | Soap & Glory's Daily Detox Vitamin C Facial Wash


I'm having major skin issues lately; my skin is dry, flaky and just in desperate need of something. As you might have been able to tell lately I've been trying out a few different pieces to add whatever it is that my skin might be missing out to see if I can fix this. However, when at the moment I'm currently super tired and so lazy that I'm collapsing in bed and only taking my makeup off with my micellar water... I think I might have found the cause, just maybe.

Soap & Glory's Face Soap and Clarity 3-in-1 Daily Detox Vitamin C Facial Wash first of all definitely isn't the shortest or most catchy name if I'm honest. The Daily Detox Vitamin C Facial Wash claims to "smoothes and purifies for super clean, fresh and bright skin" as well as being "complexion-friendly, non-drying, and easy-rinse". One major bonus for me is that the Daily Detox Vitamin C Facial Wash is "formulated for oily/combination skin" which I didn't know when I first picked this up, so that was a nice surprise. The Daily Detox Vitamin C Facial Wash also contains "pigmentation-preventing antioxidants" and works to "rejuvenates, energises and brightens" skin, who doesn't want that (www.boots.com)?

I can definitely say that after using the Daily Detox Vitamin C Facial Wash my face definitely feels cleaner and purified, although let's be honest when you're picking up a face wash that states it has Vitamin C in you probably have high expectations. I can't say I've noticed any major changes in my complexion, although being formulated for oily skin I have noticed my skin looking that little bit brighter and isn't becoming as oily during the day. Does my skin feel rejuvenated? Well, I can't comment or say I've noticed any major changes, maybe when I've made more of a dent in the bottle I might notice this a bit more.

I can definitely say that I haven't noticed the Daily Detox Vitamin C Facial Wash making a huge impact on my dry skin; I'm not sure if this is because I'm suffering so badly lately that a face wash alone isn't going to fix this. Initially after using the Daily Detox Vitamin C Facial Wash my dry skin does disappear and my skin does feel a lot smoother, cleaner and a little bit sorted but that doesn't last forever.

Will I continue to use Soap & Glory's Daily Detox Vitamin C Facial Wash? I'm currently using this as my daily face wash, however, due to my current skin issues I might have to switch back to my trusty face wash that I know will sort out my skin. This isn't anything against this face wash, and once my skin is back to normal I'll be using this on a daily basis once more.
Would I repurchase Soap & Glory's Daily Detox Vitamin C Facial Wash? For £8 for such a huge bottle, this is a great value because you need such little product so I'll definitely be repurchasing it on that front. So far I'm enjoying this face wash, I just wish my skin would also show this. I'll let you know how my skin reacts to it once I sort out this dry skin issue.
Would I recommend Soap & Glory's Daily Detox Vitamin C Facial Wash? Definitely, it's not a harsh face wash and my skin definitely doesn't feel stripped. My skin feels super clean after using this and like I've added something back in. I can't say I'm currently seeing any benefits from the Vitamin C, however as soon as I do I'm sure you'll hear all about it!
Overall score out of 5? A 4. My skin currently isn't playing along, and you wouldn't believe that I love this face wash as much as I do. I'm still waiting to see the bonus of having Vitamin C in a face wash, but what I am seeing and feeling so far I'm enjoying!

Have you tried the Soap & Glory Daily Detox Vitamin C Facial Wash? Do you have any tips or tricks for incredibly dry skin at this time of year? Let me know!