Friday, 2 December 2016

Friday First | Garnier Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask

It's another skincare review! This week I've finally had a chance to try the sister product to the moisturiser that I use on a daily basis; the Garnier Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask! I can't say I've ever been a big user of tissue masks, but then I've also never been a huge user of face masks; I have them and I use them but oh the mess. I can't really say why I've never used tissue masks more, probably because they're cold, they feel weird and they've only recently become easier to get your hands on.

Garnier's Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask "intensely rehydrates skin, reduces the look of fine lines, and revives radiance" as just like the Moisture Bomb moisturiser it's "enriched with pomegranate extract, hyaluronic acid, and plant serum". In just 15 minutes the Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask "acts like a hydration wrap that continuously diffuses all the effectiveness of the serum intensely hydrating your skin" that "quenches and comforts skin instantly", as well as providing a weeks worth of hydration within a single use (www.garnier.co.uk).

Well I can safely say my skin definitely did feel quenched, comforted and hydrated while I was using the mask. Like every other tissue mask I've used before the Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask was incredibly cold and felt really weird on the skin; but unlike tissue masks I've used in the past it didn't try to slide down my face and the coldness disappeared quite quickly. When I removed the tissue mask I was left with a moisture layer to my skin which you have two options; you can either remove it with a cotton pad or lightly massage it into the skin. I naturally went for the second option, with how dry my skin has been lately I'm not skipping any chance of extra moisture!

The smell is exactly like the Moisture Bomb moisturiser, the pomegranate scent really does come through and I'm still not sure if I like it or not. However I can say that I noticed that my skin definitely felt a lot better straight away after using it and looked noticeably more hydrated and smoother. As for the week claims? I think these actually stood up, I've only just started to notice really bad patches of dryness around my nose again and it's been around a week since I used this mask!

Would I repurchase Garnier's Moisture Bomb Tissue Bomb? I wasn't initially sold due to the price, I wasn't expecting miracles if I'm honest. However given how soft and hydrated my skin looked immediately after using the mask and given how the weeks worth of moisture actually stood up I think I'll have to stock up on a few of these for those times when I need some emergency moisture for my skin!
Would I recommend Garnier's Moisture Bomb Tissue Bomb? If you're looking for a different way to inject some moisture into your skin routine without spending a lot then this could definitely be an option. We all know I have combination skin and I've had no issues with the Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask and my skin or any spots appearing. If like me in the winter the cold air completely dries out your skin then these could potentially be your winter saviour!
Overall score out of 5? A 4. I'm still not 100% sold on the price if I'm honest; for one in a pack I think they're a little expensive when you can definitely pick up tissue masks for a lot cheaper. I'm still not 100% sure how I feel about the Moisture Bomb scent in general. However I absolutely loved the results I saw instantly and I loved how my skin looked the week following it's use, so I'll definitely be stocking up on a few of these regardless!

Have you tried Garnier's Moisture Bomb Tissue Masks? Have you tried a similar tissue mask? Do you prefer traditional face masks or tissue masks? Let me know!