Sunday, 11 December 2016

Beauty | M&S Beauty Advent Calendar Days 1-10

So this year I finally jumped on the Beauty Advent Calendar hype, and I went with the Marks & Spencer Beauty Advent Calendar purely because after a lot of research it really was the best value for money and hello how cute is the tree shape?! Now, if you follow me on Snapchat then you'll have seen my daily unboxing of my advent calendar but if you don't then I'm about to run through the first 10 days here for you!

Now I haven't tried any of these products yet, I'm being super good and my plan is to save everything until I've opened all the days and then I'll have lots of reviews on my hands! But I can give you my very first impressions right now.

Day One - Neal's Yard Remedies Bee Lovely Hand Cream 50ml; retails for £10
I was super excited when I opened up a Neal's Yard product. Neal's Yard is a brand that I've been wanting to try for such a long time, and if you know me then you'll know that a hand cream is definitely going to be welcomed in my life.

Day Two - Rodial Super Acid X-treme Acid Rush Peel 20ml; 50ml retails for £75
Genuinely one of the scariest sounding products I've ever had in my life. I can't say I know a lot about this product and how it's meant to work, but I do know that peels are meant to be good for the skin. Also for that price I have incredibly high hopes if I'm honest!

Day Three - Filorga Time-Filler 15ml; 50ml retails for £54
If you saw me open this on Snapchat then you'll know I was questioning how much I needed a wrinkle cream at 23, well I've had so many people telling me it's best to start early while I have none. I'm still not convinced, and this might be one that my Mum ends up with.

Day Four - Pixi Brow Tamer 4.5ml; retails for £12
Oh my goodness, the excitement I felt when I opened up a Pixi product in my advent calendar. Pixi are that brand that you never hear a bad word about and I have such a wishlist of their products, and now I finally have one to start my collection!

Day Five - Josh Wood Radiant Shine Hair Treatment Oil 28ml; 48ml retails for £12.50
This definitely intrigued me and it seems so luxurious. I love the fact that it can be used as a treatment before shampooing, or after for that extra added shine. I'll definitely be using it the first way because I've had too many disasters with adding oil to my hair.

Day Six - Eyeko Skinny Mini Liquid Eyeliner Black 1.2g; 2g retails for £12
So felt liners are never usually my favourites, but with this one being skinny I'm holding out a little bit more hope for this one and I won't write it off just yet. I've also never heard of Eyeko as a brand, so I'm definitely interested.

Day Seven - Ultrasun Face 30 SPF 25ml; 50ml retails for £20
I wear suncream on my face all year round, you can never have too much protection. Face-specific sun protection is incredibly hard to find, and one specifically for sensitive skin is even better. I'm super excited to try this out and see how it works for my skin.

Day Eight - Alpha-H Liquid Gold 50ml; 100ml retails for £33.50
Seriously, could I have had a more fancy product? Again I'm not really sure what this is meant to do for my skin but I am super excited to try this out. This will probably end up being one of the first products I end up trying and reviewing if I'm honest!

Day Nine - Autograph All-in-one Nail Colour, Cranberry 11ml; retails for £6
Have you ever seen a more festive nail colour? If I'm honest I've not tried anything from Autograph and I've not heard much about them as a brand so I can't say where my expectations lie. I might have to break this one out early for Christmas day.

Day Ten - Nails Inc Gel One Coat Nail Polish, Piccadilly Court 10ml; retails for £13
Now Nails Inc I have heard a lot about so I am very excited to try out this nail varnish, especially for how much it retails for if I'm honest. Again, though a super pretty shade for this time of year and definitely for the autumn months.