Friday, 18 November 2016

Friday First | Soap & Glory No Clogs Allowed


So lately I've been having some major skin issues and I've needed some real TLC! Nothing I've been trying seems to have been working and my usual routine is keeping things ticking over, but nothing seems to have been touching those really painful, deep, angry face demons. I've always only ever heard good things about the No Clogs Allowed mask from Soap & Glory so I grabbed it while I was in Boots the other week and basically prayed for a miracle.

Soap & Glory's No Clogs Allowed is a face mask that "is perfect for weekly use", designed "strategically for oily/combination skin" and is perfect for use "one areas prone to blackhead build-up... more often as a deep-oil-emulsifying, detoxifying face mask and all-round scrubby wonder!" Working to "deep clean and melt away pore-plugging sebum" No Clogs Allowed also "softens keratinised skin cells to prevent breakouts and blemishes".  No Clogs Allowed is a self heating face mask which "uses heat to emulsify stubborn pore-plugging grease" and "changes colour when fully activated on the face" (www.boots.com).

So I personally found that the self heating element of No Clogs Allowed starts as soon as I apply it to my skin; I also can't really say it lasts. Which isn't really a problem but it's also slightly disappointing too. So the instructions are pretty simply; massage the mask onto your skin then just wet your hands and scrub the mask until it turns from white to blue all over. Like I've already said as soon as I start to massage the mask on the self heating element is there but also I can definitely feel the scrub working it's magic. However, I can definitely say that no matter how many times I have tried I cannot get this mask to turn blue. I kind of end up with blue streaks across my face but the mask stays white.. What am I doing wrong? I'm also loving that I only have to leave it on for 5 minutes! I have noticed that for the next day or two after using this mask when I apply anything to my face everything tingles which I'm pretty sure isn't totally normal but it's an interesting feeling! But my face does feel totally smooth and soft like a baby's butt after using this mask and I have noticed the pores on my nose are looking a hell of a lot better, so it's all worth it!

Will I continue to use Soap & Glory's No Clogs Allowed? Using a mask on a weekly basis is always something I've struggled to do, but for some reason I'm able to stick to it with this one. It might have something to do with the fact that you leave it for 5 minutes, it doesn't get tight and you wash it off? I literally stick this on, jump in the shower and wash it off. There also isn't the whole mess that you usually have with face masks which is quite nice.
Would I repurchase Soap & Glory's No Clogs Allowed? I think I will. Definitely not for the self heating element however, that disappears quite quickly. But my skin does feel a lot better after using this. I'm still suffering from a few really deep face demons lately, but I think they might be stress related so nothing is going to fix those.
Would I recommend Soap & Glory's No Clogs Allowed? I would. If you're on the hunt for a easy use, no mess face mask this is the one you're looking for. It gives my skin a really good clean and sort out on a weekly basis without leaving it feeling completely stripped which is a total bonus. Also you don't have to use that much either, so for £11.50 it's going to last me and I'm going to get my use.
Overall score out of 5? A 4. The self heating element is there, but it disappears so quickly... By the time I've applied it all over my face and scrubbed it to make it blue the heating feeling is totally gone. But my skin feels a lot better after using it, so I can totally overlook that bit of it.

Have you tried Soap & Glory's No Clogs Allowed? Have you tried anything similar? Let me know!