Friday, 25 November 2016

Friday First | Rimmel The Only 1




So apparently ever since Rimmel released their Only 1 Matte Lipsticks these little tubes have been like gold dust! I cannot tell you just how many Boots and Superdrugs I had to visit to find one that hadn't completely sold out or that at least had a decent selection of colours left. When I finally managed to find some I can't say I was blown away by the colour selection so I picked up the shades 610 High Flyer and 810 The Matte Factor.

Rimmel's Only 1 Matte Lipstick claims to be "the only 1 matte lipstick that wont let you down" by being "bold matte colour with supreme comfort, moisture and staying power". Rimmel's Only 1 Matte Lipstick is "high coverage, full impact colour and a flawless finish in just one stroke" which promises that the "wow colour you see on the bullet will be the one on your lips"; a pretty bold claim to make if you ask me! Rimmel continue to go on to claim that "the lightweight colour and the comfort will stay true for hours and hours", "so supremely comfortable and moisturising it goes on like a dream. A whole new sensorial experience, you'll just want to keep applying it" (www.boots.com).

Some pretty big claims to make, so lets see how the Only 1 Lipsticks actually stood up to them. Let's start with the colour that's in the bullet will be the high coverage full impact colour on your lips.. Well they're not wrong with that. It's definitely a high coverage lipstick; one stroke gives such intense colour to the lips and you really only need a second coat of both colours to just make the colour more bold and totally opaque. The Matte Factor definitely is the colour you see in the tube, however I'd say High Flyer is more of a lighter colour on the lip than it looks in the bullet; it's definitely closer to the coloured strip on the tube. These are incredibly comfortable lipsticks; they apply insanely easily, they literally just glide on and you just forget you're wearing them so easily. They're not the fastest drying lipsticks, but by the time I'm ready and finally leaving the house it's definitely dried down to matte. These aren't drying, they don't crack and they stay so, so well. These went at least 4 hours before even showing a single sign of any need to touch them up!

I'm not 100% sold on the packaging; I can't quite put my finger on what it is but there's something about it I'm not sure on. I do really like the coloured strip at the bottom to show what colour is in the tube though, that's a nice little touch. These have the typical Rimmel lipstick scent which disappears as soon as the lipstick dries down, so if you're not overly keen on that scent I'd maybe avoid these lipsticks.

Will I continue to use Rimmel's The Only 1 Lipsticks? I'll definitely continue to use the two colours I've got; I think I'll get a lot more use of out High Flyer than I will The Matte Factor if I'm honest, but that's because I've got so many dark lipsticks that I'm preferring at the minute and ironically The Matte Factor is actually on the lighter berry side!
Would I repurchase Rimmel's The Only 1 Lipsticks? I'm not entirely sure. I like these lipsticks; I think for a drugstore matte lipstick they're great, they aren't drying, the colour pay off is great and the staying power is incredible. However, the colour selection in the Matte range isn't fantastic and there aren't any other colours that I have my eye on so I won't be hunting any other colours down.. There's a good chance I'll end up repurchasing High Flyer though because I love that colour!
Would I recommend Rimmel's The Only 1 Lipsticks? I think I would. For a matte lipstick the formula of this is great. They are definitely so moisturising and glide on without a care in the world, the staying power is insane and the colour payoff is something else. For a matte lipstick they aren't drying at all which I know is something a lot of people look for in a matte lipstick, so this is definitely going to be a selling point.
Overall score out of 5? A 3. I love the lipsticks themselves, those I cannot knock. However the range itself isn't fantastic; it doesn't have the best colour selection so you might be a little bit stuck for choice.

Have you tried Rimmel's The Only 1 Lipsticks? What do you think to the colour selection? Do you have any matte lipsticks that you prefer? Let me know!