Sunday, 20 November 2016

Beauty | Weleda Skin Food


Lets be honest, send me a notebook when sending me an item out to review then you're instantly on to a winner with me.. Just look how cute that notebook is!

You all know how much I love a good hand cream; firstly I'm a nurse so I'm forever washing my hands so protecting my skin is a must for me, my nails mean far too much to me so I'll protect them in anyway that I can, and also with this colder weather I'm forever applying a hand cream till I'm hurting my hands from applying it so much.

However, Weleda's Skin Food* is something else; it's a multi purpose cream for dry skin so you can use it on your hands, face, elbows, feet or wherever you might need a little something extra! Skin Food is enriched with chamomile, viola tricolor, and calendula which are all included in a thick base of oils and beeswax which everyone knows are heaven to the skin!

Now as much as I'm loving skin food for my hands, it really does take a lot of working into the skin because it's so thick. As well as having to really work it in, it doesn't sink in straight away so you can't do anything straight away; so although Skin Food isn't the best to just throw in my bag for when I'm on the go, it is something I really like to use a really thick layer of just before I go to bed to really let it sink in overnight. I quite like the scent, for me the beeswax is the main scent that really comes through and this is a scent that I really enjoy. I haven't yet used it on any other areas, but keep your eye on my social media because I'll definitely keep you updated!

*I was sent this product for free in return for a review. I have not been paid for this post in anyway, all opinions remain my own and have not been influenced in anyway.