Friday, 16 September 2016

Friday First | Sleek Matte Me



Liquid lipsticks are definitely my thing, lately I find myself reaching for them a lot more than traditional lipsticks and I'm definitely starting a collection. I honestly find them a lot easier to apply when I'm out on the go and I just find they tend to last a lot longer and keep their colour longer.

Sleek's Matte Me liquid lipsticks are "a matte finish... that glide on in one smooth application, with no need for a second coat". The Matte Me liquid lipsticks also claim to have a "light as air texture" that "provides you with comfortable wear for hours, that doesn't cake, flake or dry out, ensuring long lasting colour all day" (sleekmakeup.com/uk).

Ever been catfished by a lipstick? Because holy crap I definitely was by Velvet Slipper! It's described a "muted deep plum" which it definitely is on the lips, but I definitely wasn't expecting it from the tube. Not that I'm complaining, but maybe do a swatch test on your hand in store if you can? You can definitely get away with one coat of the Sleek Matte Me liquid lipsticks, although I always go in with a second coat to just seal everything in, make everything that little bit smoother and just make sure I have that ultimate colour to last me throughout the day. You definitely forget that you're wearing the Matte Me liquid lipsticks, they're so comfortable to wear. I found that the first time I wore this to try it out I forgot to apply any lipbalm before hand and then throughout the day I did find that it became a little dry on the lips. However the second time I wore it I applied lipbalm while doing the rest of my makeup and blotted it off before applying my Matte Me and it sat much nicer throughout the day. These last incredibly well throughout the day, I found the colour only really wore around the inner part of my lips when I was eating and drinking but it didn't really transfer. Also these take a lot to get off, I really have to soak my lips with my micellar water to remove every part of this lipstick.

Will I continue to use Sleek's Matte Me? I already can't wait for Autumn and Winter, purely so that I can pull this colour off on a daily basis and it be a bit more acceptable. I already know I'll be reaching for this so much purely because the colour literally lasts all day and I hardly have to touch it throughout the day.
Would I repurchase Sleek's Matte Me? I've definitely got my eye on so many shades that I want to try from Sleek and for £4.99 each I don't really know how I could say no!
Would I recommend Sleek's Matte Me? Definitely. I can easily say that the Matte Me is one of the best liquid lipsticks that I've tried so I'd highly recommend them to everyone! If you're into liquid lipsticks and you haven't yet tried the Matte Me's from Sleek then definitely think about it!
Overall score out of 5? A 4. I love how the colour lasts basically all day long and only really wears on the inner of my lips when I'm eating and drinking. It also does not come off easily, which is kind of a good thing! For such a low price, the Matte Me's are a great liquid lipstick that you need to try!

Have you tried Sleek's Matte Me liquid lipsticks? Are you a fan of liquid lipsticks? Do you think you use any liquid lipsticks that are similar to Sleek's Matte Me liquid lipsticks? Let me know!