Friday, 2 September 2016

Friday First | L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay


Another product that I feel I'm so late to the party on.. Again, I don't like to think I'm late to the party or behind I just like to think that I let the hype die down and I actually gave it a fair review. Let's also be honest, I'm so in love with my Boots Fresh shampoo that it's going to take a bloody miracle to make me step away and actually try something new. A shampoo specifically designed to target oily roots and dry ends, where do I sign up?

The L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay range is a combination of "3 refined clays" which work to "combat the excessive oil production at the roots but also any dehydration throughout the lengths and ends". Clay is a wonderful thing and it's something I use a lot in my skin care routine because of  their "ability to cleanse, purify and energise" (loreal-paris.co.uk). The shampoo and conditioner work by leaving the scalp feeling "deeply purified for 72 hours with freshness and light, lifted roots", "dry hair feels hydrated right to the ends for fluid, free-flowing lengths" and hair is revitalised "with softeness, shine and bounce" (loreal-paris.co.uk).

So lets start with the biggest claim, does my hair really feel refreshed for 72 hours? Honestly I can't truly put that to the test 100% because I just can't bring myself to leave my hair 3 days, the longest I can go is 2 and by the second I'm dry shampooing my hair if I'm at work. However, my scalp has been feeling better and I haven't been having to use as much dry shampoo on my hair and despite being in need of a desperate cut and probably in need of a good hair mask, my ends have been feeling healthier and not as dry and blunt. I was about to say that I can't really say I've noticed much of a difference in shine, but I've just looked back over recent pictures and my hair is definitely looking a lot healthier and shinier and believe me it's feeling a hell of a lot softer.

Will I continue to use the Elvive Extraordinary Clay range? I will, I like what it's done for my hair using it so far. I'm definitely going to incorporate it into my haircare routine and find a way to mix up this with my favourite Boots Fresh range.
Would I repurchase the Elvive Extraordinary Clay range? I think I might. It's definitely not going to become my every day shampoo but more so the shampoo I reach for at least once a week or once every other week so the price is definitely justifiable. It's quite affordable, and I've seen it on offer in so many different places lately!
Would I recommend the Elvive Extraordinary Clay range? If you're a girl like me who suffers from those dreaded oily roots but has dry ends then this definitely does work and isn't just a marketing gimmick. I do feel like clay is everywhere at the minute and seems to be the latest craze, but this really does work and my hair is loving it.
Overall score out of 5? A 4. I like how my hair feels, I just can't put the 72 hour claims to the test, and to be honest I'm not really sure how anybody could. Now apparently the star of the show is the pre-shampoo masque, so I now need to get my hands on that to give it a go.

Have you tried the Elvive Extraordinary Clay range? Is the Elvive Extraordinary Clay range something you'd try? Do you think there is a haircare range out there that's similar to the Elvive Extraordinary Clay range? Let me know!