Friday, 23 September 2016

Friday First | Lee Stafford Coco Loco Blow & Go


I've recently been searching high and low for a new hair product to use on my hair after I've washed it to give it a little extra something before I dry and style it. My Mum's recently swapped jobs and the product I used on my hair religiously before I just cannot get my hands on easily so I've had to find something to replace it with. I used to use Lee Stafford products on my hair all the time and I'm not really sure why I ever stopped. I've heard nothing but good things about the Coco Loco range so I naturally had to pick something up from that range to try.

The Blow & Go Genius Lotion is described as a "perfecting potion" that "helps create softer, silkier hair, conditions and smooths, strengthens and nourishes, helps repair damaged hair, improves shine, improves combability and protects against humidity". As well as all of that it also "has colour fade and heat protection" and helps to make sure your hair "sits better, feels better, behaves better" (www.leestafford.com/en).

Is it as perfect as it seems? Well it definitely helps my hair to feel better when I use this. My hair is in desperate need for a good cut so it's doing that really fun thing where it is just knotting together insanely. I'm not finding that this helps me to comb through my hair any easier, and I can't say that I find my hair to be any softer while using it until I've finished styling my hair then it feels softer. It definitely seems to be helping against humidity a little bit, which is nice because even though we're now in Autumn it's still insanely warm some days which is not working well with my hair. I can't comment on the fact of colour protection just yet, but when I get round to colouring my hair I'll check back in with this. However, it is incredibly easy to use too much of this product and because it contains coconut oil your hair instantly feels oily and horrible.. Maybe just a note to be aware of, a brazil size nut is far too much product for me.

Will I continue to use Lee Stafford's Coco Loco Blow & Go? I think I will. Right now I'm generally enjoying how it's making my hair feel most days. Although I am still looking for other products to use on my hair to compare a few against each other, but right now I'm enjoying Blow & Go.
Would I repurchase Lee Stafford's Coco Loco Blow & Go? Of course I would, at £6.99 I think it's incredibly fairly priced and if I'm being honest it was one of the cheaper hair products available in Boots!
Would I recommend Lee Stafford's Coco Loco Blow & Go? I think so, everyone seems to be raving about the Coco Loco range although no one seems to be talking about individual products. If you're looking to introduce coconut oil into your hair but don't want to go in with hair oil, then this definitely could be the product for you!
Overall score out of 5? A 3. I'm currently enjoying how my hair is feeling, although my hair is in desperate need of a good cut so I don't think I'm feeling the full benefits of this product. Although it is incredibly easy to use far too much of this product and your hair can just end up feeling incredibly oily and horrible all day long because of oil being included.

Have you tried Lee Stafford's Coco Loco Blow & Go? Have you tried anything from the Coco Loco range? Do you find that coconut oil helps your hair at all? Do you have any hair products that you think work better than the Blow & Go but are similar? Let me know!