Friday, 9 September 2016

Friday First | Garnier Moisture Bomb


I sometimes want to shake my head at how long it took me to realise that just because I suffer from oily to combination skin, that didn't mean that I had to avoid from adding moisture back into my skin. I'd finally got my skincare routine down and in true fashion one of my products has been discontinued, so when I saw Garnier's new Moisture Bomb on offer I thought I'd give it a go!

Garnier's Moisture Bomb is a 3-in-1 moisturiser that "recharges the skin with hydration and leaves it feeling protected from external aggressions". The 3-in-1 properties are; "24 hour continuous hydration", "wrinkles appear reduced" and it contains "two antioxidant superfruit extracts: amla and pomegranate" that are "combined with daily UVA/UVB protection". As well as containing all of this, and doing all this for the skin, Garnier's Moisture Bomb "melts immediately on contact with the skin" with "no greasy or sticky effect" (garnier.co.uk).

Let me start with the main thing that completely threw me with this moisturiser. Everything I've used in the past that has been targeted towards hydration has always been really lightweight, thin and basically clear. However Moisture Bomb is a very thick cream, it doesn't take any working into the skin though it really does melt into the skin straight away and immediately disappears.. It just confused me a little bit. You really don't need a lot, the first day I used this I used a full pump and that was definitely more than I needed. I use a pea sized amount, which isn't half a pump and that feels like a really generous amount and my skin seems to love it. I love how my skin feels and looks since I've been using this, I have a lot less dry patches and my oiliness is a lot easier to manage since I've introduced moisture back into my skin and it's now hydrated properly. I was never really paying attention to if I had any fine lines or wrinkles, but I feel like my skin looks fuller and more youthful so I'm definitely going to say it's living up to it's claims. I hate the smell of this though, and I'm so glad it disappears as quickly as it does. With pomegranate being the main ingredient I had high hopes for the scent of Moisture Bomb, but oh my god it smells nothing like pomegranate and it breaks my heart. I can't quite put my finger on the scent, but it's not pretty and I don't like it. Luckily, the scent disappears as quickly as it sinks into my skin.

Will I continue to use Garnier's Moisture Bomb? Definitely, I love what it's doing to my skin and how my skin is now looking. My skin is absolutely loving it and I've honestly never known my skin to look better.
Would I repurchase Garnier's Moisture Bomb? I honestly wasn't sure when I first started using Moisture Bomb, but after using it for another couple of weeks I've changed my mind. I'll definitely be repurchasing this purely because of how my skin has reacted to this. My skin is looking and feeling fantastic and it's fitted in perfectly with my morning routine.
Would I recommend Garnier's Moisture Bomb? I think I would. Garnier recommend it for anyone with dry, normal or sensitive skin. But I also think if like me you have oily to combination skin this could also work for you. My dry patches seemed to have disappeared and my oiliness is so much easier to maintain throughout the day.
Overall score out of 5? A 4. I love how my skin is looking and feeling. I love that I have to use such little product for my skin to feel great all day long. I love that it really does sink into my skin instantly. I hate the scent though, it really is a good job that the scent disappears as soon as it sinks into my skin.

Have you tried Garnier's Moisture Bomb? Do you use a moisturiser that you think is similar to Garnier's Moisture Bomb? Let me know!