Friday, 12 August 2016

Friday First | One Heck Of A Blot


We all know how much I love a good Soap & Glory product, although amazingly I've never tried any of their makeup products. Shocking right? The One Heck Of A Blot powder is the one powder that everyone tells you that you must try and I'm amazed it's actually taken me so long to finally get my hands on if I'm being honest.

One Heck Of A Blot is Soap & Glory's "super-translucent mattifying powder". It claims to be able to offer "world-class shine control and oil-absorption" while being "ultra-light" and while giving "skin a traceless, smooth, velvety finish". One Heck Of A Blot is only available in one shade, however claims to be suitable for al skin types and skin tones. It claims to be so light weight that one sweep of powder across "your nose, forehead and chin - or anywhere you want to shine no more" is more than enough (boots.com).

So is One Heck Of A Blot that lightweight and that mattifying? Okay so maybe testing it out on the second hottest day of the year probably wasn't the best idea to begin with. Basically it wasn't so much oil-absorption, more like literally everything was melting off my face and the powder was just making me look less of a disco ball. On the normal days when I'm just at my normal oily levels and not melting like I have been this powder really does work wonders and holds my makeup all day long. I use it to set my foundation in the morning and I top up throughout the day when I'm starting to shine a little. I swear by Rimmel's Stay Matte powder and it will always be my go to daily powder, however I think I'll be reaching for One Heck Of A Blot on those days where I need my makeup to hang in there a little bit longer or I have an occasion.

Will I continue to use One Heck Of A Blot? Definitely. You only need a little bit of powder and you're whole face and makeup are totally refreshed and ready to carry on facing the world. Even in this mini heatwave it's helped me to look a little more presentable than I would have been otherwise.
Would I repurchase One Heck Of A Blot? With a price tag of £12 I can definitely say that's what stopped me picking this up for so long. Although with only a little bit of product being needed I think this powder will last me a lifetime, but I'd definitely pay £12 again for this powder.
Would I recommend One Heck Of A Blot? Definititely. If you're on the hunt for a powder that is going to keep you matte all day long but not make your makeup look cakey then this is definitely the powder you are looking for!
Overall score out of 5? A 4. I don't use the little puff that is supplied in the compact and I apply it with my powder brush instead. You lose a little bit of product when doing this and you do have to go in a few times to freshen up, but it's not too much trouble.

Have you tried One Heck Of A Blot? Would you ever try One Heck Of A Blot? Do you think there is a powder out there that is similar to this? Let me know!