Friday, 26 August 2016

Friday First | L'Oreal Pure Clay Masks

So clay seems to be the latest craze in beauty at the moment. We all know how good clay is for our skin, and being a girl who suffers from oily skin clay is definitely one of my best friends. When I saw that L'Oreal were released their Pure Clay Face Masks which all contained three different clays, all enriched with something different designed to target a different area of skin care I knew they would be something I had to get my hands on.

The first mask that I knew I wanted to get my hands on would be the Purity Mask. A mask that's "enriched with eucalyptus extract", apparently "known for its purifying properties". The Purity mask has a "creamy texture" that "works deep into the pores, leaving skin purified and matte-looking, without drying it out" (loreal-paris.co.uk). I've tried many masks that claim to leave skin looking matte, they're usually very dry and can leave my skin feeling very tight and very stripped. The Purity Mask actually didn't do this, my skin was left feeling clean and refreshed which was a really nice feeling from a face mask and that feeling actually lasted more than one day.

I also knew I desperately wanted to try the Detox Mask, and luckily for me when I picked these up they were on offer for £5 each in Boots so how could I resist picking them both up. The detox mask is "enriched with black charcoal which acts like a magnet to draw out impurities". I've always known that charcoal is great for blemish prone skin so I knew that this was a mask that would work well for me. The Detox masks also has a "creamy texture" that "works deep into the pores, leaving the skin looking clarified and beautified" (loreal-paris.co.uk). Draw out impurities this face mask definitely can do. I almost avoid using face masks regularly because of how much they can draw out my impurities. The detox mask seemed to be able to draw out my impurities in a way that made them easy to manage but not make them ridiculously noticeable though, so definitely a winner.

The packaging of these masks is a huge winner for me, I'm in love with the glass pots I think it adds such a classy, upmarket fee to such an affordable product and it makes you feel like you're buying a product that really is doing something good for your skin. I can't say I'm crazy about the cardboard packaging, there is an insane amount of wastage there however. I love the little touch of a lid being placed over the mask as well as the screw on lid; yes these masks are thick but there not so thick that they wouldn't run all over the place and get all over the lid, it's just a nice touch. For the first time ever I multi-masked, I never mix face masks but I really enjoyed the effect of applying each mask where it was needed most. I've also used each all over my face and both times they've worked wonderfully well. L'Oreal says you can get 10 applications out of these masks, however I found that I really didn't need a lot of product and that a thin layer of these masks really went a long way so I think you'd be able to stretch that number of applications if you tried.

Will I continue to use the L'Oreal Purity Masks? Definitely. I like how my skin has felt every single time I've used them so far and I like how each mask is specifically targeted for a different skin concern. I also like the fact that with them being in a jar I can control how much I use and not waste any.
Would I repurchase the L'Oreal Purity Masks? They usually retail for £8.99 each which I know for some people might be a little extreme for a face mask. I'm not entirely sure at the minute because I think there are plenty of face masks out there that include clay and do the same thing. They might be something that I pick up when I notice that they're on offer.
Would I recommend the L'Oreal Purity Masks? I think so. If you're looking for a face mask that isn't going to leave your skin feeling dry and stripped then definitely give these a go. If you're looking for a face mask that's targeted towards a specific skin concern then definitely give these a go.
Overall score out of 5? A 3. A little really goes a long way, a thin layer allows them to dry quickly and evenly on the skin. The packaging is sleek, beautiful and allows you to really control how much you use and avoid wastage. So far my skin is loving them and I'm enjoying the results. I'm not sure on the price tag though, I do think there are face masks out there that do a similar thing for a lot cheaper.

Have you tried any of the L'Oreal Purity Masks? Would you ever try any of the Purity Masks? Do you think there are face masks out there that are similar to these for cheaper? Let me know!