Friday, 19 August 2016

Friday First | Always With Love


"The next much-anticipated romantic chapter in Billy and Sophie's love story from bestselling author Giovanna Fletcher.

Sophie's got used to being the girlfriend of Billy Buskin, the biggest movie star in the world. Sort of.

But when she and Billy take a trip to visit his family in Los Angeles, she quickly discovers she's totally unprepared for the chaos of Hollywood, the paparazzi and Billy's controlling mother.

And when Billy extends his stay in LA, leaving Sophie to fly home to Rosefont Hill alone, it seems there's more than just miles between them.

Now Sophie must decide if they can overcome their differences for good. Because not every love story lasts the distance..."

Such a long overdue book review, I honestly feel like I haven't done one of these in such a long time. In fact I don't feel like I've sat down and just read a book for such a long time.

You all know my love affair with Giovanna Fletcher and her writing, and you all know how desperate I was to return to Billy and Sophie to just find out what they were up to! Believe me, Giovanna did not disappoint me on this. When Giovanna announced that she was writing a new book I knew I'd end up buying it no matter what because I love Giovanna's writing style; as soon as she announced that she was writing Always With Love that would be revisiting Billy and Sophie I just had to preorder it because I couldn't miss out on it and I knew I'd instantly love it.

I saved Always With Love for while I was on holiday because I knew I'd have a bit of downtime to be able to sit down and really get my teeth stuck into it, but I really didn't expect to fly through it in just three nights! What I love about Giovanna's writing style is that she keeps it so real and the characters are super easy to relate to. You feel like you're in LA and Rosefont with Sophie the entire time, and you go through every single thing with her both good and bad.

Giovanna reminds you in Always With Love that relationships are not easy, and if distance is involved then they definitely can become even harder. Giovanna doesn't romanticise Sophie and Billy's relationship, which sounds a little bit silly but she writes them as a real couple who have their fair share of difficulties which is really refreshing to read. Giovanna just has a magical writing style and I always jump for joy when she announces a new book, also without spoiling anything.. I finally got the ending I was waiting for! I'll never say no to more Sophie and Billy though.

Would I recommend Always With Love? Definitely! If you're a fan of Giovanna's books and you haven't yet read Always With Love then you definitely should pick this up and have a read. If you're looking for a new read then Giovanna is also a name that I will always recommend to people because she's absolutely fantastic and so easy to read.

Would I re-read Always With Love? Oh definitely I will. It's another addition to Sophie and Billy's story which I'm in love with, but it also works perfectly as a stand alone story if you haven't had a chance to read the other story before Always With Love. Also Giovanna's writing style means that I could read this forever and a day!
Overall score out of 5? A very high 4. I got the ending that I've been wanting for a very long time and Giovanna kept the story very real and very relatable. Again, as always with Sophie, Billy and Giovanna's writing I'm always craving more...


Have you read Always With Love? Have you read anything by Giovanna Fletcher? Let me know!