Sunday, 7 August 2016

Beauty | If You Like Piñita Coladas


Okay so if you know me at all or ask anyone who knows me then they will tell you that a Piña Colada is definitely my drink of choice. It's the cocktail I will always go for, when I'm in Costa I will always get a Tropical Fruit Cooler when it's warm because it tastes just like a Piña Colada, so could you imagine my excitement when it was announced that The Body Shop were releasing their very own Piñita Colada range!

I somehow still haven't had a chance to get my hands on every thing from this range, every single time I walk into The Body Shop or I look online the two pieces that I still want to try from this range still seem to be out of stock, so I'm keeping my eyes peeled for the body sorbet and the body scrub.

I have been able to get my hands on the shower gel and the body butter which I have been loving throughout the past few weeks. Let's start with the Piñata Colada Shower Gel, it's a soap free shower gel which lathers up incredibly well, it takes a few moments of working it up but once you get it going it lathers up really, really well. The beauty of this shower gel being soap free is that you're left feeling squeaky clean but your skin isn't left feeling tight and stripped like some soaps and shower gels can do to your skin. Just like everything in this range it smells great and you feel like you're on holiday the minute you use it. Unfortunately with the shower gel the scent can be swallowed up by any other scent you apply on top of it, but if you don't apply any other scent or if you follow it with anything else from the Piñita Colada range you'll be smelling like a tropical paradise all day long!

The Piñita Colada Body Butter is the biggest surprise I've ever tried. It looks like a creamy texture and it is compared to a lot of body butters that I've tried, but it's still also very solid in texture. I'd describe it more like a whipped cream texture, but it's still incredibly lightweight and sinks into the skin with such little effort. A little goes a long way and the moisture that it provides is so long lasting it stays around till the next day. The scent again is incredible, and once again you're left feeling like a tropical paradise!

I'm slightly heartbroken that this is a limited edition range because it's very quickly become one of my favourites from The Body Shop, I'll definitely be stocking up on this before it disappears!