Sunday, 21 August 2016

Beauty | Burt's Bees


Burt's Bees is one of those brands that I've always wanted to try, but I've never really picked anything up from them. I'm not really sure why, maybe it could have something do with the fact that one lip balm costs more than £3.50 and they're so easy to pick up for less than £1.

I was in Boots the other week and saw this adorable little beehive looking jar reduced from £8.99 to £5 on my way to the till and I just couldn't resist! Packed in alongside a little pack of wildflower seeds were 2 lip balms and a mini hand salve, the perfect way to try some pieces out!

The first thing I tried was the hand salve. My hands are currently suffering a little bit from being washed so much at work so on my days off I'm trying to really give them a little bit of TLC. Burt's Bees hand salve is a lot more solid than I'm used to so you're not able to use it like you would a typical hand cream. The best way I found to use the hand salve is to use it specifically on the dry areas and massage it in. A little goes a long way to ensure your hands aren't too greasy and you can actually do stuff after you've applied it.

Two flavours of lip balm included were a honey lip balm and a vitamin E & peppermint lip balm. Naturally the first lip balm I just had to try was the honey flavour, and oh my god I was not disappointed. It was everything I could have wanted, it was literally like applying solid honey to my lips which would literally be heaven for me. The vitamin E & peppermint is a nice change in a mint lip balm, theres a definite nice hint of peppermint but it's not the typical overpowering mint flavour. Both of these lip balms are definitely soothing and didn't feel my lips feeling like they'd got a layer on, instead the lip balms sank in and felt my lips hydrated and protected.

So overall I've definitely fallen in love with the products from Burt's Bees that I've tried and I still have a wish list of so many other products from them that I can't wait to get my hands on and try!