Friday, 29 July 2016

Friday First | CB12 Mouthwash & Boost


So last week I was talking to you about the oh so glamorous side of nursing and how during a 12 hour shift I'm not feeling my freshest and I was talking about antiperspirant. Well this week I'm continuing that theme and talking about how after drinking what can feel like your 100th cup of tea and having a salad for lunch, you might not feel so confident in your breath being the most fresh it's ever been either. Seriously, I just like to keep things real. So again when I was given the chance to work with CB12 to try out their mouthwash and their chewing gum I couldn't say no*.


I've seen CB12 mouthwash advertised before but if I'm being honest I've never seen it anywhere for me to pick up to try for myself. Sarah sent me a bottle of the original mint/menthol mouthwash which "provides 12 hour protection thanks to its long-lasting effect". CB12 has a "powerful and unique combination of zinc acetate and chlorhexidine within CB12 neutralises the formation of the substances that cause unpleasant breath" and it's "unique and patented formulation... binds with the lining of the mouth, teeth and tongue, ensuring up to 12 hours of long-lasting first class breath" (www.cb12.co.uk). I can't say I've ever noticed that I have bad breath, and I can't say that I've ever been told that it's something that I have but it's something that I am definitely conscious of.. Why must all the best tasting foods have such a strong odour? I usually struggle quite a lot with mouthwashes, I cannot keep them in my mouth for the recommended 30 seconds to a minute for the simple fact that the start to burn my mouth straight away. CB12 didn't burn my mouth at all and I could quite happily gargle this all around my mouth for over a minute without struggling. If you do struggle with mouthwashes burning your mouth and you're worried about the original flavour being too strong for you, then CB12 also do a mild flavour which has been specifically formulated for those who struggle with mouthwashes burning their mouths.

Now I didn't even know that CB12 did a chewing gum, known as boost, to go alongside their mouthwash, but I think it's a great idea. CB12 Boost is a "unique, sugar-free chewing gum with a patented technology and double action" as it not only provides "a cool minty flavour" it also works to prevent "unpleasant breath with zinc acetate, the active ingredient of CB12". What makes CB12 Boost unique is that it's a triple acting chewing gum; "elevating acid neutralisation, inhibiting plaque growth and strengthening your teeth against cavities while it gives you safe breath confidence" (www.cb12.co.uk). I think the idea of a chewing gum to use on top of the mouthwash to top up your breath protection and freshness throughout the day is a fantastic idea and is one I'm really on board with. Purely because throwing a bottle of mouthwash into your bag isn't really something you can do, but throwing a pack of chewing gum into your bag is really simple. I've also found the chewing gum to be an absolute life saver while I've been travelling up to my boyfriends and I couldn't take the mouthwash with me!

Will I continue to use the CB12 range? Definitely. I'm not sure if it's actually made any different to my breath, no one has told me otherwise, but I'm definitely feeling a lot more protected and a lot more fresh in myself which gives me a lot more confidence. During a 12 hour shift and what feels like my 100th cup of tea it's sometimes really nice to be able to feel refreshed and where brushing my teeth isn't an option, the chewing gum on my break is an absolute life saver.
Would I purchase the CB12 range? I think I will. It's not the cheapest mouthwash ever, depending on where I'd buy it from it's between £12-14.99 but you really don't need a lot of this mouthwash. At the minute I have no idea where to pick up the CB12 boost from so I need to go on a little hunt for those!
Would I recommend the CB12 range? Definitely! Even if you don't suffer from bad breath but you just want to feel refreshed and feel like you've got a little more protection throughout the day and have other options other than having to carry mouthwash or a toothbrush around which isn't always possible then CB12 is absolutely great stuff!
Overall score out of 5? A 4. The price tag really is the only downfall and I think it's probably the only thing that's stopping a lot more people trying CB12.

Have you tried anything from the CB12 range? Would you ever try anything from CB12? Is this something you think you'd try? Let me know!

*I was sent these products for free in return for a review. I have not been paid for this post in anyway, all opinions remain my own and have not been influenced in anyway.