Sunday, 24 July 2016

Beauty | Zoella Beauty


I'd be lying if I said that I was desperate to get my hands on the Zoella beauty range from Superdrug. Not that I'm against Zoella in anyway, it's more that there just wasn't anything in the range that really jumped out at me. Every time I was in my local Superdrug I always had a quick browse of the Zoella stand and it was always nearly out of stock and whatever was left never really took my interest.

I was completing an order online the other week purely because I needed to order my Dad an aftershave for his birthday and I decided to browse the full Zoella beauty range, purely to see what was actually included. A few things stood out and took my interest but in the end I decided that the Double Créme Body Lotion from the Sweet Inspirations range and the Wonder Hand Moisturing Hand Cream from the Classic range were definitely the two items I'd get the most use out of.

Let's start with the Double Créme Body Lotion because I really am in love with this body lotion. It's macaron scented and enriched with sweet almond oil, cacao and honey and it really does smell incredible. It sinks into the skin really quickly and you don't need a lot of this, because a little really goes a long way. The scent stays all day long; it isn't strong enough that you can smell it from a million miles away which is nice, but it's nice that if you catch yourself off guard you're suddenly reminded of that beautifully sweet macaron scent that you applied that morning.

The Wonder Hand Moisturing Hand Cream definitely has the most beautiful packaging of a hand cream I've seen in a very long time, and let's be honest rose gold packaging was always going to be a winner. The Wonder Hand cream is meant to have a calm, feminine fragrance which I can't say that I really noticed.. The hand cream is packed with vitamin E, shea butter and aloe and they definitely all come through in the scent but it isn't a scent that I'd associate with being calming, maybe it's just me. Is there anything outstanding about this hand cream? Not really. You really don't need a lot and it sinks in pretty quickly, and if you put on too much your hands become very slimy and you actually can't do anything until the hand cream has sunk in. It's a moisturising hand cream and it's pretty long lasting, but I can't say that it's anything special and I think for it's price there are hand creams out there that I actually prefer.

I can't say that there is anything wrong with the Zoella beauty range, in fact I think for it's price I think it's a pretty good range. The packaging is beautiful and I think for girls who are just starting to get into the beauty scene and starting to spend their own money it's a good range for them to start with. Maybe I'll pick myself up some other bits if I'm ever in Superdrug and anything ever catches my eye, but I can't say that anything from the Zoella range would replace any of my firms favourites.