Friday, 17 June 2016

Friday First | Tea Tree & Witch Hazel with Extract of Berry


I feel like I've done nothing but try new skincare lately, which I'm aware might not be the best thing for my skin but I'm trying to space out trying the new bits I'm picking up lately. When I was in Boots the other week with my Mum we walked past the stand for the new Tea Tree & Witch Hazel with Extract of Berry and it grabbed my attention straight away. I love the Tea Tree & Witch Hazel range from Boots anyway, some of my skincare essentials are from that range. While I was in Boots the whole range was on 3 for 2 and I needed to replace my blemish stick, but the new Extract of Berry range caught my eye. I commented to my Mum instantly on how similar I thought this Refreshing Jelly Scrub looked to the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Scrub that I've tried and love so I just had to pick it up to see how it compared.

The Refreshing Jelly Facial Scrub with Extract of Berry claims to "effectively exfoliate to help unclog pores of dirt and impurities without over-drying" while also helping to "fight spot causing bacteria" and "give long lasting shine control" (boots.com). After reading all that I decided that I couldn't really ask for anything for from a face wash and I couldn't wait to try it. The face wash recommends that it's only used once a week and after trying it on the back of my hand I can see why. The exfoliating beads are quite big and it's a little bit harsher than my daily face scrub, but it isn't too harsh for the skin, it definitely doesn't rip your face apart and because of the jelly it feels quite nice and cooling.

Does it live up to it's claims? My skin definitely doesn't feel dry after using this face wash at all, and it definitely helps with the dry skin I'm currently having round my nose.. Thanks hayfever! I always used to turn to my Neutrogena face scrub when my skin was having a really bad time and really needed calming down and after only using this Extract of Berry face scrub it seems to be doing the same for my skin. My pores around my nose definitely look smaller and a lot less visible after using this face scrub, and who doesn't want that? Initially it really helps with shine control, however I still apply all my products to help keep my shine at bay just incase and I still have to powder throughout the day with this warmer weather, but my shine is definitely reduced after using this face scrub. I think this is going to be my go to face scrub just before I apply a face mask so that my skin is prepared and so that my face masks can get in there and really do what they're meant to. If you're expecting the extract of berry to be included in the scent I'm not sure. I personally wouldn't say that this face scrub smells anything like berry, it isn't an unpleasant scent but it isn't what I'd think of when I think of anything with berry.


Would I reuse the Tea Tree & Witch Hazel with Extract of Berry Refreshing Jelly Scrub? It's definitely going to be the face scrub that I reach for when my skin is having a particularly hard time and really needs calming down, or the face scrub I reach for just before I apply a face mask. You definitely wouldn't be able to use this on a daily basis purely because the exfoliating beads are just too big for a daily use, but they are great when it comes to tackling dry skin!
Would I repurchase the Tea Tree & Witch Hazel with Extract of Berry Refreshing Jelly Scrub? I think it's going to be one of those face washes that I'll probably see what's on offer when I'm next in Boots. It's very similarly priced to the Neutrogena face scrub so depending which I see first, or which is on offer next in Boots will depend which one I grab. I'm not saying I won't repurchase it because I know I definitely will, but I just can't decide between the two.
Would I recommend the Tea Tree & Witch Hazel with Extract of Berry Refreshing Jelly Scrub? I would. It feels really nice to wash your face with and it really helps with dry skin a lot. My skin feels clean after I've used this and doesn't feel dry at all. It's going to be great to use before putting on a face mask and it really helps my skin when it's having a particularly bad day and it just needs to calm down.
Overall score out of 5? A 4. I'm not overly keen on the scent, but it isn't horrible. It disappears quickly enough and it's easy to ignore. I really like how it makes my skin feel and how it calms it down, my only downside is that I can't use it on a daily basis.

Do you use anything from the Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel range? Have you tried anything from the Extract of Berry range? Is this something you think you'd try? Let me know!