Sunday, 5 June 2016

Beauty | Garnier Pure Active




Is there anything more heartbreaking than having to find a replacement for your holy grail product that has ben discontinued? I've spoke before about how much I loved my Oil-Free Mattifying Lotion from Boots Skin Clear range, however I was absolutely heartbroken when I found out that it was being discontinued. I was literally savouring every last drop of my Boots Mattifying Lotion while searching high and low for a replacement. I can't quite remember how I came across it but I remember reading that the Garnier Pure Active was a very similar texture, great at controlling shine and thought "well why not?"

Pure Active is actually an anti-shine, anti-blemish moisturiser which is a great benefit. Seriously, anything that can help me fight blemishes as well as helping me control shine is definitely welcome in my life. The texture of Pure Active is quite a thick gel that simply melts into the skin, is quite cool and refreshing and dries pretty quickly. Straight away it feels a little bit tacky on your face, but it dries down pretty quickly and feels like there isn't anything on my face and I can go straight in with my makeup with no problems.

This keeps me pretty matte all day, and this with my Superdrug Optimum moisturiser and serum is a match made in heaven. With the weather getting warmer I still have to powder throughout the day, but not as much as I do when I don't have anything on. The scent isn't my favourite, I can't really put my finger on what the scent is but it disappears as you soon as I apply it to my face so I can deal with that. There is no way I will make it throughout the Summer without Pure Active, I'll just be a hot, shiny mess otherwise. This has definitely been added to the 'must rebuy' list.