Sunday, 8 May 2016

Beauty | Superdrug Optimum Skincare



Lately I've been talking a lot about how I'm desperate to invest in some decent skincare. For quite a few years now I have sworn by my Garnier Moisture Match Shine Be Gone moisturiser, however lately it just hasn't been cutting it for me anymore. We all know that as we get older our skin changes and what worked for us once just doesn't work as well anymore.

I suffer with combination skin, specifically I suffer with an oily T-zone but have really dehydrated skin elsewhere which can then lead to dry, flaky skin. I'd been talking to my Mum about this and while we were in Superdrug one day she suggested that I try Superdrug's Optimum skin range. My Mum has been using this range for a while so she couldn't recommend this enough for me.

Superdrug has a a few different ranges of the Optimum Skincare for different age ranges that include 25+, 35+ and 40+ and each range is different, as you'd kind of expect.. I'm personally using the 25+ range which is the grape range, you have the phytoglyc-age and apple in the 35+ range and the phytosurvive and phytodeluxe in the 40+ range.

Optimum Super Antioxidant Grape Serum
I start off applying the serum, I'm not really sure why and I don't know if applying it before moisturiser is making any difference but I like to let this sink into my skin before I apply my moisturiser. The serum claims to "hydrates and helps protect the skin against free radical damage resulting in a smoother and firmer complexion" as well as being able to "minimise the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles after 4 weeks".

I don't really think I'm able to comment on the appearance of any fine lines or wrinkles, purely because I don't know if I had any? I'm definitely not saying that to brag because my skin is nowhere near perfect, I'm saying it in the sense of spots, oily and dry skin are my main concern. I also don't know if I can comment on having a firmer complexion, because I don't know what a firmer complexion should really feel like.. Why did I become a blogger?

Optimum Super Antioxidant Grape  SPF 15 Day Cream
From the very first day I used this I fell in love with it because I love how it feels on my skin and how it makes my skin feel. The day cream claims to "hydrates and protects the skin against premature skin ageing" as well as leaving "skin feeling noticeably softer and more supple after four weeks".

I absolutely love this day cream, my skin is definitely left feeling hydrated which is a feeling I haven't had in a very long time when it comes to my skin. My skin is feeling softer, but I don't feel like it's softer because I'm using a different kind of moisturiser but more because my skin is actually getting what it needs and feels softer from the inside.

Am I stupid for using anti ageing products while I'm and don't actually have any evidence of ageing? I wouldn't say so.. I've always been told that the best way to look after your skin and keep it from ageing is to use anti ageing products while you're still young before you really need to. Honestly, anti ageing really isn't a concern of mine even though I know it should be, my main concern is how my skin acts on a day basis and how it makes my makeup sit and how it makes me feel.

Since using this combination my skin has felt a lot better and like I've already said it feels as though it's actually getting what it needs from the inside. Since I've swapped to using the Optimum skincare I've found that my skin has actually been a lot less oily and I don't need to powder and blot as much throughout the day. Again something else I've always been told is that if you suffer with oily skin then this means that your skin is dehydrated and is crying out for moisture.. Don't quote me on this.

For some the Optimum skincare range might seem a little pricey for a range from Superdrug, but for how little you need and how far a tiny drop goes it's a great investment and one that I'll definitely be continuing to use.