Sunday, 3 April 2016

Life | Spring Has Sprung Tag

So we're officially in Spring.. Although if the weather is anything to go by, it really does depend what day you look out of your window. For me Spring screams everything you look forward to; the weather is getting warmer, pastel colours are basically everywhere and you can now start planning to do things outside with everyone. I haven't done a tag post in a while either, so I thought it would also be a fun way for you to get to know a little more about me around this time of year!

1. Favourite spring nail polish?
I have a few nail varnishes that I love to pull out as soon as it becomes Spring and the sun seems to come out. As you can see they're all pretty much pastel colours, or just brighter colours in general compared to what I'm wearing in the colder and winter months.

2. What is your must-have lip colour this spring?

My lip colours don't really change much throughout the year. My go to shades are very neutral anyway and I usually go for my lips but better shades. I'm super excited to be able to wear my Juicy Shaker throughout the days during Spring and Summer, but other than that I usually reach for the shades you can see above.

3. Show us your favourite spring dress!

I have two go to dresses when it comes to Spring. Ryan actually picked out the dress with the lace top and floral skirt for me about 3 years ago now but it's definitely my go to Spring dress. Another go to Spring dress for me is my trusty denim dress with a lace overlay, again I think it's the lace, but maybe the collar too. I love lace for Spring.

4. What's your favourite flower?

This is a difficult one for me. I love roses, lilies, snowdrops and violets and actually have them all tattooed on me. For this time of year I'd have to go for snowdrops because that really does symbolise Spring starting!

5. Favourite spring scarf/accessory?

I seem to wear scarves all year round, and I do have scarves that I'm more likely to reach for this time of year instead of winter. However for some strange reason I'm more likely to reach for rings in the Spring and Summer. Especially midi rings with different metals and designs.

6. What spring trend(s) are you most excited about this year? (Makeup, fashion or both!)

I'm so behind, I actually have no idea what the trends are this year. However I'm so excited for the Juicy Shakers, if the weather was better I'd be wearing mine every single day right now.

7. Favourite spring candle?

This question makes me happy that I'm clearly not the only person who burns my candles based on the season. I'm really looking forward to burning my Bubblegum and Very Cherry Jelly Belly candles!

8. Favourite body spray/perfume for spring?

I have so many to pick from this time of year, as you can see above. I love my Body Shop body sprays, they seriously last all day long without needing a top up. I'm especially looking forward to wearing my Japanese Cherry Blossom body mist this year. I'm also really enjoying my So...? perfume lately, and I have a review coming up on that next week!

9. What is spring like where you live?

I live in the UK so it's incredibly hit and miss. By hit and miss I mean we seem to have one day of sunshine and then around a week of really dull, wet weather. Sometimes it's just dull, and then we have around five minutes of sunshine.. Although as I'm writing this it's raining incredibly hard.

10. What's your favourite thing about spring?

Apart from the fact that so many people are willing to make plans to do different things, usually that involve going outside or going places. It's probably that on my lazier days when I'm only wearing minimal makeup, people tell me I look so fresh and pretty.. It's great!

11. Are you a spring cleaner?

Occasionally, I tend to get my cleaning done just before Spring arrives so then I'm feeling a little bit more ready. I definitely change my bedsheets as soon as Spring arrives, so then my entire bed is fresh!

12. Any plans for spring break or an upcoming vacation?

Our next family holiday is booked for July so I'm looking forward to that. Unfortunately me and Ryan don't have a holiday booked just yet because of what is going on with me at the minute, but I'm sure we'll have many little weekend adventures which I'll tell you all about!