Friday, 1 April 2016

Friday First | Lancôme Juicy Shaker

Okay so if you haven't heard about the new Juicy Shakers from Lancôme, then seriously where have you been? I can't remember when exactly I heard about these or the concept, but as soon as I heard about them then I knew I would be desperate to get my hands on one!

Honestly, I'm not sure how I got my hands on this. I'd seen a few bloggers posting pictures of their incredible parcels from Lancôme containing their Juicy Shakers that I could never in my wildest dreams think that I'd be coming home to one myself!

I received the shade 381 Mangoes Wild, and it is the prettiest coral pink, orange shade with the most incredible scent. I assume the scent is a mango scent, however it's a scent that I'm so familiar with but I just can't put my finger on. The other thing I love about the Juicy Shakers are that there are 13 shades to collect and each shade has it's own scent. That fact alone is genuinely enough to make me want to collect each shade for myself.

So the Juicy Shakers are actually a "bi phased formula." As you can see above the colour actually separates from the oil, so the whole product being shaped as a cocktail shaker isn't just a gimmick because you really do need to shake this well to get everything mixed together! Juicy Shakers contain the three essential oils "sweet almond oil, omega 3 and cranberry oil" meaning your lips are also perfectly nourished and that "the formula is non sticky and non-drying". You might have also noticed that the applicator is quite a cute little triangle shape, this "shape hugs the lips contours so you cannot go wrong" and also "absorbs just the right dose of pigment" (lancome.co.uk).

So is it as good as it sounds? Well I'm definitely in love with it so far. The applicator really does pick up the perfect amount of product that leaves you with a sheer finish with just the right amount of colour on your lips. You also don't feel like you're wasting any product or worrying about using too much. The best thing is that you can easily build up the coverage but your lips don't feel weighed down or heavy. I'm absolutely in love with the scent of Mangoes Wild is absolutely stunning and it makes me want to wear this all day long. It gives such a natural look, but it also gives a finishing touch to any kind of makeup. Honestly, I can't wait to be wearing this every day this Spring and Summer!

With it being an oil and having more of a gloss like finish, the staying power for me is a little mixed. If I'm not doing anything it looks great, but at the minute when I'm eating and drinking I'd feel like I'd want to apply it straight after.. Maybe I can find a way to make it last longer, but this isn't the biggest problem in the world and one I can definitely live with! But.. I can't lie, I'm definitely in love with this product because the shaking aspect is super cute and also so much fun! I also really like the fact it isn't just a gimmick and I know I'm shaking it so all the goodness mixes in with all the colour!

Will I continue to use the Lancôme Juicy Shaker? I will. I'm looking forward to wearing this most in the Spring and Summer where it's going to give my makeup a finished look. I just know the colour is going to look great this summer, but it's also going to do my lips a world of good!
Would I repurchase the Lancôme Juicy Shaker? I'm not entirely sure. It's retailing for £18 which I think it a ridiculous price and one that I'm not sure if I could justify on one product. However let's see how much I fall in love with the Juicy Shaker over the coming Spring and Summer months and see if I change my mind on this.
Would I recommend the Lancôme Juicy Shaker? I would. I love the idea that you're mixing essential oils with lip colour meaning that you're doing your lips some good while being able to wear a colour. I usually have to chose between a lip balm or my lip colour and my lips can feel a little worse for wear. But with the Juicy Shaker this isn't something you have to worry about. You also don't have to worry about using too much and wasting product and it's easy enough to apply while on the go!
Overall score out of 5? A 3. I really want this to be a 4, and it is so close to being a 4 believe me. I love the colour, scent, idea, literally everything about the Juicy Shaker.. Apart from the price. I think the price is a little steep and it might become a product that will be a 'treat' product for a lot of people. But if the price isn't something that you worry about and it doesn't put you off then seriously, give this a go.

Have you tried the Lancôme Juicy Shaker? What do you think about the Juicy Shaker idea? Do you think the Juicy Shaker is something that you'll try? Let me know!