Sunday, 10 April 2016

Beauty | Battle of the Blushers

I'm naturally very pale anyway and have a distant lack of colour in my face. But since being ill since December, I've actually lost track of how many times I've been told that I look ill so I've added blusher back into my daily makeup routine.

I've always gone for coral pinks when it comes to blusher, don't ask me why I just feel they look a lot more natural and suit me better. I also feel they look a lot more fresh. So the two blushes that I have been absolutely loving since reintroducing blusher into my makeup routine is one from Makeup Revolution and a cream blush from No7.

Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Blusher in Make Love Instead
I picked this blusher up on a total whim. In was in Superdrug one day and lusting over the Makeup Revolution stand as usual. Although usually when I'm lusting over it everything is sold out.. Seriously if anyone knows the secret to catching the Makeup Revolution stand fully stocked please let me know.. Anyway, this blusher was just sat there screaming at me to take it home and try it. So I did and I'm so in love with it!

As you can see Make Love Instead is made up of very neutral pinks with some coral pinks running through as well. The Vivid Baked Blushes also have a hint of shimmer running through them so as well as blusher, you also get a hint of highlight. Which for someone like me who doesn't wear highlighter, this is great and adds a little extra something something to my face. As a powder it is incredibly easy to build up and you can have as little or as much as you'd like.

No7 Pop & Glow Cream Blush
I'm not really sure how I came to have this.. I feel as if my Grandma gave it to my Mum, who then gave it to me. Also incredibly, I have a makeup product and I have literally no idea what shade I have it in, after looking online it is either Rose Blossom or Classic Rose.

I've always stayed away from cream blushes as I've always been incredibly nervous. For me powder blushes are very easy to work with, build up and blend, but I've always had this fear that cream blushes are incredibly hard to work with. Well how wrong I was. I found that this cream blush blended a lot easier than I expected, I applied it in a stripe from the apples of my cheeks up towards my temple and blended it out with my fingertips as recommend. This is incredibly easy to build up as can be imagined, but it blends out so easily.

I was going to do a review on each of them, but I thought it would be more fun looking at them both like this. I'll definitely carry on using both of these blushes I love the look that they both give me. I think I'll be more likely to reach for my Makeup Revolution blush on a daily basis where I want a touch of colour but nothing too much, and I think I'll reach for my No7 Cream Blush when I want a stronger look either on a night out, or on a day when I need my blusher to actually stick around and give me that hit of colour all day long.