Sunday, 20 March 2016

Life | Afternoon Tea


Who doesn't want to spend an afternoon with their Mum enjoying a beautiful afternoon tea? Although it seems to be the latest thing that everyone is doing, a cute little afternoon tea has always been something I've dreamed of.. Little sandwich fingers, tiny cakes, scones with cream and jam, everything! But I didn't need to go to a country house all dressed up to enjoy this afternoon tea!

The Summerhouse Bakery is the cutest little cafe that opened up not too far from where I live. I've been with my parents a few times and we've always loved each time we went. I'm personally in love with the little teacups with matching saucers and I'm always in love with the tea cosys! My Mum absolutely loves the cakes that are freshly made and you never miss out with a single slice, they are both huge and delicious...

You do not miss out on anything with the afternoon tea either! Afternoon tea includes a hot drink of tea, coffee or hot chocolate, a selection of two sandwiches, a scone with both cream and jam and a cake slice of your choice. The sandwiches, which can be different fillings if you want, are great. They are generously filled, the bread is always fresh and soft and they are quite big. As you can see the scones are huge! But they are so tasty, they're never dry and incredibly filling. You're also given more than enough cream and jam with your scone, and I'm usually always left with some cream and jam despite being really generous when putting them on. I also loved how the sandwiches and scones were presented on the cutest little cake tray, just to add to the whole feeling. I completely forgot to take a picture of my slice of cake. Most afternoon teas give you the option of either a scone or a cake, not with the Summerhouse Bakery as you get both! If you're too full to eat the cake there and then you're able to take the cake of your choice home with you to enjoy when you feel ready.

So it might not be the finger sandwiches or tiny little cake slices, but I absolutely loved every single moment of going for afternoon tea with my Mum, especially with it being at a cafe we already knew that we loved so much. I've been recommending this cafe to everyone I know, whether they want to go for the full afternoon tea experience, or just a cake and a drink.