Friday, 18 March 2016

Friday First | Jools Drinks


So just like lasts weeks Friday First with Crobar, I'm also always looking for ways to drink something that is a little bit better for me than most things I'm likely to reach for. I very rarely reach for a bottle of water, I need something with flavour to keep me interested in the drink if that makes any sense. So when I had the chance to try out the Jools drinks, I had to jump at the chance!

Jools have 3 different flavours all combined with green tea, and all including little 'Jools' which are each different to! We all know the goodness that green tea is meant to be packed with although I have tried, and failed miserably, drinking green tea and just cannot get on with it. So given the chance to get all the goodness from green tea in flavoured drinks sounds like a dream to me!


Apple & Lychee
I absolutely love apple juice and I could drink it all day long given half the chance so I was really excited to try this one. I also knew that out of the three flavours this would be the flavour that I would definitely get on with no matter what. The apple flavour wasn't overpowering but the flavour was definitely still there, however I couldn't overly taste the green tea.
Apples are apparently rich in antioxidants, while the little pearls are packed with lychee, a fruit that is meant to be full of vitamins to help reduce fatigue and maintain healthy skin and hair (joolsdrinks.com)


Mango & Acerola
This was another flavour I was really looking forward to, but unfortunately I just could not get on with this flavour. As soon as I opened the drink the smell hit me, but it wasn't the smell of mango. I can't quite put my finger on what the smell was. I wasn't overly keen on the taste either, the flavour was incredibly strong but it wasn't a mango taste. Well I definitely didn't think it was.
Mangos are meant to be an excellent source of vitamin A, as well as containing other vitamins such as C and B6. The jools are packed full of juice from the acerola cherry, which is meant to contain more vitamin C than oranges (joolsdrinks.com)


Cranberry & Acai
In total honesty this was the flavour I was most nervous about, as much as I love cranberry juice and know it's something I should drink a lot more of with it being so good for you. It's also a flavour that is incredibly strong and I can't drink a lot of. The flavour of the cranberry Jools wasn't as strong as other cranberry drinks I've had in the past and I could drink this a lot easier, the flavour also reminds me of something I've had in the past but I just can't put my finger on what.
We all know that cranberries are great for us, and are meant to be good for our water works. But they're also meant to be full of antioxidants, fibre and other minerals essential for our diet. The little acai jools are meant to be a great source of omega fats, amino acids, vitamins and other good stuff! (joolsdrinks.com)


Would I repurchase Jools Drinks? If they were more readily available then I'd be more likely to pick one up while I was out. At the minute they're stocked in Holland & Barrett and some WHSmith stores, two stores I'm incredibly unlikely to visit while out on my own. However because of all the goodness in one bottle I'd definitely pick up the apple or cranberry one.
Would I recommend Jools Drinks? I think I'd recommend them for someone who was wanting a drink packed full of goodness while still being full of flavour. I'd also recommend them to people who were wanting to learn all about different vitamins and what they were good for, I've definitely learnt a lot!
Overall score out of 5? A 3. Again, they need to be more readily available and have a wider flavour range for me, again I don't know if this is something that is being developed. I'm also not sure if I'd reach for them while out and about as the screw top and straw kind of put me off just throwing one in to my bag. However, I'd happily buy some to either have at work or at home!


I was sent these products for free in return for a review. All opinions are my own, honest and have not been influenced in any way. I have not been paid for this post.