Friday, 25 March 2016

Friday First | Argan Dew

I feel like I'm finally working my way through so many samples that I have to try and I thought I'd bring you along on the journey with me! Because what better way to find out if a full sized product is worth it than trying a little sample first? Today I'm talking all about two different samples I tried from a brand called Argan Dew.


Replenishing Hair Mask

This hair mask claims to "restore and boost the health of your hair" by using "only the purest oils from the Moroccan Argan tree". As well as restoring and boosting health the hair mask also claims to "protect from future damage by forming a protective layer to keep it moisturized and safe from the stress caused by daily styling and natural elements" (argandew.com).

Does it live up to it's claims? I honestly don't really think it did. It's a hair mask that only needs to be left on for 5 minutes, so the best way for me to do that is apply it and leave it on while I shave my legs and then rinse it off. It just felt like a conditioner to me.. I know most hair masks are just a really thick conditioner, but this hair mask didn't feel like anything special. It rinsed out easy enough and my hair felt soft, but no more softer than if I'd just have used my regular conditioner. I didn't notice any difference in my hair while I was styling it and my hair didn't feel any more moisturised afterwards.

Miraculous Argan Oil

A hair oil that claims to "act as a daily double action treatment for all hair types by protecting and rehydrating dry, dull and damaged hair from root to tip, repairing and nourishing each strand". This hair oil "contains essential nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants that work all day long to fortify the hair-improving strength, preventing frizz and creating healthy shine that lasts" (argandew.com).

Did it live up to claims? Again I don't think it really did. I'm very nervous when it comes to trying hair oil as I've had bad experiences with hair oils that have left my hair looking incredibly greasy. So to avoid this I don't apply hair oil to the roots of my hair, I pull my hair into a ponytail and apply it to the ends, I then work the rest of the product up through my hair and apply it where it's needed, usually the ends of my fringe. There was a lot of product in this tiny sample so there was the danger of instantly using too much and looking like a grease ball. When I first applied it to my hair it was soaked in to my hair straight away and it didn't feel like I'd got any product on. However when I started drying my hair I hated the way my hair felt, it just felt as if the oil had coated my hair rather than being soaked in. This seemed to disappear when I straightened my hair, but I couldn't get over how my hair had felt. I also don't think it gave me any noticeable appearance, my hair didn't look any shinier, and it definitely didn't help with the frizz that my hair suffers with when I use Ryan's straighteners.

Argan Oil is something I love using on both my hair and body, in fact one of my favourite hair masks that I still own and use contains Argan Oil. In fact you can pick up Argan Oil products everywhere now for such great and affordable prices that I really struggle when a brand tries to state that they are using a better or purer oil and it's going to be better for your hair.

I'm actually a little bit heartbroken that these samples didn't live up to my expectations!

Will I continue to use Argan Dew? I actually have a sample of both the hair mask and hair oil left and I really don't like seeing things go to waste. I might use up my hair mask sample but I don't think I can bring myself to use the hair oil again.
Would I repurchase Argan Dew? Definitely not. A full sized version of the hair mask would set you back $44, just over £31 and I know you can get a lot better quality hair mask that actually does something for your hair for a lot cheaper. The hair oil would cost you $39, just under £28 and again, I know there are a lot better hair oils out there that would cost you a lot less.
Would I recommend Argan Dew? I wouldn't. For me there are better hair masks and oils out there that do a lot more for your hair that are a lot more affordable. In fact you can even pick up Argan Oil products in pound shops if you really want to give them a try but don't want to spend much!
Overall score out of 5? A 1. The only thing I really liked about these samples where the smell of both. The hair mask felt like a typical conditioner and didn't do anything for my hair, and the hair oil tricked me into thinking it was doing something wonderful but actually just left my hair feeling coated, heavy and limp.

Have you ever used anything from Argan Dew? Do you use Argan Oil for your hair or anything else? Let me know!