Friday, 4 March 2016

Fashion | Oscar Fashion 2016

Kate Winslet in Ralph Lauren; Image Source. Dorith Mous; Image Source. Jennifer Garner in Versace, Neil Lane and Rene Caovilla; Image Source.

Julianne Moore in Chanel Haute Couture and Chopard; Image Source. Pharrel Williams and wife Helen Lasichanh; Image Source. Tom Hardy in Cutler and Gross and wife Charlotte Riley; Image Source.

Tina Fey in Versace; Image Source. Reese Witherspoon in Oscar de la Renta and Tiffany & Co; Image Source. Brie Larson in Gucci; Image Source.

Saoirse Ronan in Calvin Klein Collection and Chopard; Image Source. Rachel McAdams in August Getty Atelier; Image Source. Olivia Munn in Stella McCartney and Forevermark Diamonds; Image Source.

Rooney Mara in Givency Haute Couture and Fred Leighton; Image Source. Sophie Turner in Galvan for Opening Ceremony x Swarovski and Christian Louboutin; Image Source. Isla Fisher in Marchesa; Image Source.

Alicia Vikander in custom Louis Vuitton; Image Source. Cate Blanchett in Armani Prive and Tiffany & Co; Image Source. Heidi Klum in Marchesa; Image Source.

Chrissy Teigen in Marchesa and Swarovski and husband John Legend; Image Source. Emily Blunt in Prada and Judith Leiber; Image Source. Hannah Bagshawe in Alexander McQueen and husband Eddie Redmayne in Alexander McQueen; Image Source.

Leonardo DiCaprio in Giorgio Armani and Christian Louboutin; Image Source. The Weeknd in Dior Homme; Image Source. Jacob Tremblay; Image Source.

Leo and Kate; Image Source.. They really are Jack and Rose!

The Oscars.. The night in fashion where everyone really does seem to go all out. It honestly is my favourite award ceremony fashion wise!

This year I absolutely loved the diversity in fashion. There were so many dresses that were similar in colours, either black, bright, pale, pastel etc. but all stood their own beautifully! I honestly fell in love with so many pieces, hence all the beautiful photos.

Can we please talk about Chrissy Teigen, Emily Blunt and Hannah Bagshawe who are all absolutely blossoming with being pregnant but were all dressed beautifully!

I also noticed that I fell in love with so many pieces that were absolutely slated by the press and fashion police, but let me just explain some of my favourites. Lets start with Alicia Vikander; her dress really seemed to split people. You either loved or hated it. Now I absolutely loved it with it's Belle vibes!

For me Dorith Mous wore a stunning dress, I thought the black lace was gorgeous with the huge skirt and only someone like her could pull off that tiny waist! Charlotte Riley was also slated for her plunging neckline, but again the black lace and huge skirt really did it for me. I've seen a lot of people slating what Kate Winslet wore, even comparing it to a 'baby seal' however I loved it on her. It's not something I'd wear, but on her it looked stunning! Heidi Klum has been slated by everyone going it seems, but again for some strange reason I loved this dress on her. I wouldn't wear it myself, but she just managed to pull it off. Also, is it just me who gets Rapunzel vibes from the beautiful colours of that dress?

So those were my favourite fashion picks from this years Oscars, including some controversial picks. Who did you love? Who did you hate? Let me know!