Friday, 26 February 2016

Food | Cooking with Very Lazy

To say I'm someone who always seems to be eating, wanting to try the latest new food thing or having a wishlist as long as your arm of places I want to try eating out at, I don't talk about food on my blog very often.

Well that's about to change. I was contacted by Very Lazy who very kindly sent me some 'samples' over.. I say samples because I'm pretty sure these are full size product and I'm always amazed when companies give away full sized products and label them as samples.

I thought about doing a Friday First for these but I thought I'd do something different instead and give you some of the recipes I've been using these ingredients in!

Starting with the Chopped Ginger. Honestly I've never really tried chopped ginger; I've had it in many different things and I love the flavour of ginger, but I've never actually cooked with ginger. I've tried this in a stir fry; I chopped it up into even smaller pieces just to add an extra level of flavour in with everything else. I have been looking at other recipes and getting more ideas of how to use this!

Another ingredient I've never really cooked with Red Chillies. I've used chilli flakes, and I'm kind of guessing that these will be incredibly similar to cook with. I haven't personally used any but I know that we've used some in a chilli we recently cooked and through some into a spaghetti bolognese to add an extra kick!

So Crushed Garlic is definitely the one I've used most of and feel most confident using. I've thrown this into a stir fry, spaghetti bolognese again, and thrown some in with chicken and vegetables for flavour.

So there is just a brief look at how I've used all of these ingredients. I'm always looking for new recipes to cook and new ways to use them, so if you have any suggestions please let me know!

I was sent these products for free in return for a review. All opinions are my own, honest and have not been influenced in any way. I have not been paid for this review.