Friday, 15 January 2016

Friday First | Peaches and Clean Deep Cleansing Milk

Okay hands up. Who isn't surprised that I'm already reviewing a Soap & Glory product? Because I'm not.. I'm not even ashamed or sorry. I received a few Soap & Glory bits for Christmas and I also treated myself to the 'Whole She Bang' in the Christmas sales, so expect a few new Soap & Glory reviews coming up this year.

Today I'm starting with a product that I've actually been wanting to try for a while; Peaches and Clean Deep Cleansing Milk.

Peaches and Clean claims to be able to "remove make-up and impurities in one clean sweep" by being "gentle, effective, melts away make-up (even waterproof mascara), and re-energises your complexion in two minutes" (soapandglory.com). Peaches and Clean claims to have "a special clogged-pore formula with PEACH & GOJUICE™ extracts and an OXYGINSENG™ daily skin detox which will help to purify and clarify, invigorate, soften skin, and melt away makeup, dirt, and impurities for a smooth, luminous complexion" (boots.com).

Does it live up to it's claims? Well yes and no. Let's start with the word gentle, this really does depend on your definition of the word. When I used Peaches and Clean for the very first time I actually found the scent to be incredibly overpowering, it actually reminded me of how the peach soothers actually taste (does that make sense?). However this has softened with continuous use, I guess I've just got use to the scent? Although overpowering the scent is gorgeous and isn't irritating like other scents are to skin, so I'd say it is gentle.

For me it did not live up to the claims of removing my waterproof mascara. I recently fell asleep in my makeup (I swear not to test this claim, but due to being ill) so the first thing I wanted to do was wash my face and get yesterday's face off. Peaches and Clean easily removed what was left of my foundation and the previous days moisturiser and what not, but it really could not move my mascara at all and I had to reach for my trusty camomile cleansing butter from the Body Shop to remove it. I was also washing my face with a muslin cloth to help gently exfoliate my face, but also because I couldn't bend over a sink to wash my face.

It would be unfair to comment on if my skin is any smoother, any more luminous or if it's been re-energised because I'm currently ill and my skin is shit. So I'll let you know about this claim on twitter!


Will I continue to use the Peaches and Clean? I will. You get an incredible amount of product in the bottle which is going to last me a life time as you only need a couple of pumps at a time. I'm currently using it after my morning exfoliation and continuing to use my camomile cleansing butter at night to remove my face from the day.

Would I repurchase the Peaches and Clean? Part of me feels like £8 is a ridiculous price to pay for a face wash, but another part of me is screaming that it's worth it just for the amount of product you get. I'm not 100% sure yet, I'll see how my skin continues to react to it and if I see a huge difference or not.

Would I recommend the Peaches and Clean? Again, I'm not 100% sure yet. I feel like I've reviewed this product at the complete wrong time because my skin is shit. I might do a follow up review to let you know if I've changed my mind.

Overall score out of 5? A 3. I haven't seen a massive difference to my skin and the scent can be slightly overpowering, but it is a gorgeous scent. Let's see how my skin reacts to it and if I see any benefit..



Do you currently use Peaches and Clean? If you do, what do you think? Would you like to try Peaches and Clean? Do you use any of the other face washes from Soap and Glory? Let me know!