Friday, 8 January 2016

Friday First | Boots Fresh Coconut Shampoo & Conditioner

Let's start by pointing out the obvious, we're in 2016! Can someone please tell me where the last year went? Also, we survived Blogmas. I can quite honestly tell you that I will not be taking up daily blogging anytime soon, December seemed to be the most stressful month of my life. I somehow only missed one day and that was because I ended up in hospital.

But let's celebrate being back to normal blogging and kicking off 2016 with a much loved Friday First!
So I'm starting off this year with a product I discovered completely by accident. You might have noticed that in December me and Ryan went to Edinburgh for a few days, you might have also read the blog post. Anyway if you're anything like me you can have everything organised day's before and then suddenly remember that you need shampoo and conditioner so that you can actually have a shower while you're in the hotel.. So cue me running into Boots on my way home one day and just grabbing any old shampoo and conditioner!

The range claims to have been "formulated to help moisturise and smooth hair for a revived, fresh feel" as well as one "that delivers fresh, clean and conditioned hair that smells as good as it looks" (boots.com).

So does it live up to it's claims? It actually did and I was pleasantly surprised. Both products were only £1 each so truthfully I wasn't holding out much hope, plus I lived in a hat during my days in Edinburgh because it was so cold and raining so if my hair looked awful it wasn't going to make too much of a difference.

You might have seen on my Twitter around that time that I was looking for a shampoo that would really clean my hair as I felt like I was suffering from a huge amount of product build up. I was amazed when I was styling my hair after using both the shampoo and conditioner to find that my hair felt squeaky clean, smooth and it definitely felt moisturised. Despite it being incredibly windy in Edinburgh my hair still felt great when we got back to the hotel room, so brownie points there!

I know some people find coconut quite an overpowering scent, especially when using both a shampoo and conditioner.. But these don't smell overpowering with coconut, in fact they smell quite sweet and really pleasant. There is definitely the coconut scent, and I'd be incredibly annoyed if there wasn't, but the sweet nutty scent is definitely more what I get from this product and I'm in LOVE with it. For £1 each these definitely might be my new favourite hair product.


Also girls, sneaky tip.. It works fantastically when shaving your legs and you've ran out of shaving gel and you're moisture bars are almost dead.. Come on, we've all been there!


Will I continue to use the Boots Fresh Coconut Shampoo & Conditioner? I will. I have less than a quarter of my shampoo left so it's fair to say I've loved this product after Edinburgh too!
Would I repurchase the Boots Fresh Coconut Shampoo & Conditioner? I will. It's incredibly priced at £1 each and I've already been working out when I can next go to Boots to pick this up.
Would I recommend the Boots Fresh Coconut Shampoo & Conditioner? Definitely. I've been suffering with dry hair and product build up lately and this range definitely lived up to it's claims of cleaning and moisturising. Please give it a go for £1!
Overall score out of 5? A 4. I'd love to give it a 5 because I really do love it so, so much. However my hair has this wonderful habit of suddenly turning against a product that it loved the day before.

Have you ever used anything from the Boots Fresh range? Do you think that you ever would? Let me know!