Sunday, 20 December 2015

Blogmas Day 20 | Surviving Christmas in a Long Distance Relationship

It's no secret that my relationship is long distance, in fact I talk about it quite openly. I know not everyone classes two hours as long distance, but when you factor in jobs (one of which is shift work) and life in general and realise you're lucky to see each other twice in one month, it gets classed as distance in my eyes.

I find that at this time of year it helps if you can obviously organise to see them as close to Christmas as you can, if that's possible. For me the last time I knew I'd definitely be seeing Ryan was when we went to Edinburgh, and fingers crossed we can maybe squeeze in some more time.

It sounds strangely obvious but Christmas presents. They give you something to look forward to, no mater when you'll be seeing them; either before or after Christmas you know you have something to share with them. And who doesn't love making their partner smile at Christmas?

Talk as much as you can. Again another thing that seems stupidly obvious, but if you're anything like me then you'll be sick of the sight of loved up couples and just be jealous you're not with your partner. I'm always talking to Ryan, and by talking I mean sending him links to everything Disney related on the internet.

Just remember to do those little things that mean the most to you as a couple, and only you'll know what they are. Christmas can seem difficult if you feel like someone is missing, but just remember it will all be worth it when you finally get to see them.

Blogmas Day 21 Preview: Tomorrow I'm talking about my Christmas cookbook!