Sunday, 13 December 2015

Blogmas Day 13 | Favourite Christmas Songs

So I feel like I've done so many different posts going through all my different 'favourites' at Christmas, but I have so many things around this time of year that I love and that I don't get to love any other time of year. And what would Christmas be without going through our favourite Christmas songs?

Okay so let's start with one that might not be expected, Mary's Boy Child - Boney M. It's a song that me and my Mum always seem to end up singing together at this time of year, usually when we're just messing around while in the house, but it's always make me laugh.
The Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth - Bing Crosby and David Bowie. Again, another song that reminds me of my Mum at this time of year. It's not one of my favourite Christmas songs, but it is one of my Mum's.. So that makes it one of mine. Does that even make sense?
Wonderful Christmas Time - Paul McCartney. So for me this is definitely one of those songs that really get's me in the Christmas mood, much more than Wizzard or Slade.
Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee. Just another song that screams CHRISTMAS to me, I don't even know why I just love it so much.
Fairytale of New York - The Pogues & Kirsty McColl. I am not even going to apologise for just how cliche I am being by this being my favourite Christmas song. It's actually one of my favourite songs, no matter what time of year it is. I definitely think it's the band sound to the song that I love.

So those are my absolute favourite Christmas songs ever, what are yours? Let me know!
Blogmas Day 14 Preview: Tomorrow I'm talking about my recent trip to Edinburgh and what we got up to!