Friday, 2 October 2015

Friday First | True Detective

Again, all aboard the latest train ever. Me and Ryan finally got around to watching True Detective, season one that is, although seeing as it was aired at the beginning of 2014 I don't feel like we're that late to the game.

I've been wanting to watch True Detective since I first heard about it, and with it only having eight episodes we were able to watch the entire first season in one day. Oops, have I ever mentioned that binge watching series is a terrible habit of mine?

I don't want to give too much away for anyone who hasn't watched it yet, however I feel like it took me around five episodes to actually work out what the hell was going on. It wasn't in a bad way though, it was enough confusion to keep me coming back for more because I definitely wanted to find out just what was happening, also the storyline that runs throughout the season is brilliantly written.

I know both McConaughey and Harrelson from different roles and I like them both as actors. I can definitely say they work fantastically together in True Detective and both of them are just as brilliant as they are known to be.

Would I recommend True Detective? I can honestly say apart from Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead, True Detective might just become the new series that I shout about from the rooftops and just tell everybody to watch at least one episode.
Would I re-watch True Detective? As well as binge watching series, I also revist and rewatch some of my favourite series. I think season one will definitely be one that I rewatch at some point.
Overall score out of 5? A high 4. It took me a few episodes to really grasp the concept of it but it wasn't enough to put me off, in fact it kept dragging me back for more. I also loved the ending of the series and I was definitely hooked right until the last second.