Monday, 31 August 2015

Life | Sunday Brunch

Who doesn't want to spend a day feeling like you've stepped into another world and doing things that you wouldn't normally do? I'm the type of person who definitely does, and going for a lovely Sunday brunch with my Mum and Grandma was the perfect way to do this. I'm not someone who does this all the time, but when I do it always feels lovely. And who doesn't want to treat themselves to a great day with their family?

I promised my Mum that I'd take her for Sunday brunch back in March for Mother's day and with Ryan being away this bank holiday weekend I knew that this would be a perfect time to schedule in some quality time, we also invited my Grandma along because all three of us have always had a close relationship.

My Mum and Grandma have already been for Sunday brunch, however this was my first time. I thought the table was laid out beautifully and it made me feel how I can only describe like I'd stepped into a time from Downton Abbey. The Sunday brunch worked in the way where for starters there was a buffet table which had a selection of cold options and soup, from which we had both but I forgot to take a picture of my cold starters after my soup! The main meal was a traditional Sunday roast in a carvery format, and who doesn't love a good Sunday roast? We were then given a selection of deserts and these were bought to our table; I opted for a sticky toffee pudding, while my Mum and Grandma both opted for the duo of mini cheesecakes. As if we weren't stuffed enough this was all followed by tea and coffee, and I honestly never thought I'd say that I felt too full to drink a cup of tea!

Although the venue was busy and there were two large parties the room didn't feel crowded and it wasn't too much. The atmosphere still felt right, you could still enjoy your own parties company and you could still hear the pianist that was playing just outside of the room!

I definitely found that Sunday Brunch was a greta way to spend some quality time together in an alternative fashion and I'd love to take everyone that I know at least once just to experience it. I definitely ate far too much and I'd definitely recommend the experience to everyone!