Friday, 21 August 2015

Friday First | Keep Me Going

So I'm not sure how many people worry about how healthy the cereal that they eat in the morning is or worry about how long it will keep them going throughout the day, but I'm one of those people who do.

I found 'Keep Me Going' through BloggersRequired and a few days later Richard contacted me to provide a little bit of information about the cereal itself and kindly sent me two boxes to try! 'Keep Me Going' has 60% less sugar, eight times less salt and twice the fibre when compared to other cereals that are advertised as healthy.. I'm looking at you my beloved Special K. When I discovered this I was horrified, I try to eat the best I can and I try my best to make the best decision when it comes to my breakfast.

Richard informed me that the cereal has been designed with the whole family in mind, appealing to children by adding trading cards (which are both colourful and educational!) and a code inside the flap to be cracked!


As someone who works 12 hour shifts I need something for breakfast that will keep me going till lunch without me feeling hungry. Honestly I didn't have high hopes for 'Keep Me Going' as I've tried breakfast options in the past that have claimed to keep you fuller for longer and have actually made me feel more hungry. However, 'Keep Me Going' really did keep me full and I actually have to remind myself to eat at lunch time because I just don't feel hungry yet!

Appearance wise 'Keep Me Going' kind of reminds me of a smaller version of the Crave cereal, just without the chocolate inside. Taste wise they initially remind me of bran cereal but then a sweet taste takes over, I'm a bit useless at describing tastes but I really like it! My Dad has been trying this cereal to and enjoys it just as much and finds that it also keeps him going till lunch.

Will I continue to eat 'Keep Me Going'? I will. We've already got through one box and we're working our way through the second. I really enjoy it and I'm so impressed with how full it makes me feel and how much energy it provides me with throughout the day.
Would I repurchase 'Keep Me Going'? I'm not sure just yet. I really enjoy this cereal, unfortunately it's currently only available on Ocado for £2.65, which I think is quite reasonable. Once 'Keep Me Going' hits the supermarket shelves I'll definitely be picking some more up!
Would I recommend 'Keep Me Going'? I really would. If you're looking for something for breakfast that will keep you going till lunch time this is definitely for you! If you're looking for a healthier alternative for breakfast then this is also for you!
Overall score out of 5? A 4. I love the cereal and I still continue to be impressed that I don't feel hungry till lunchtime, I can't wait for it to become widely available in supermarkets!

I was sent these products for free in return for a review. All opinions are my own, honest and have not been influenced in any way. I have not been paid for this review.