Friday, 17 July 2015

Friday First | The Organic Pharmacy


Elle is a magazine that I don't buy monthly, honestly I'm not sure why. But like everyone else I'm a sucker when a magazine comes with free products. The Organic Pharmacy is a company that I'd started to hear a few things about so when I saw that Elle were giving some samples away how could I say no?

The samples provided are pictured about: an Antioxidant Lip Balm, a Double Rose Rejuvenating Face Cream and a Rose Facial Cleansing Gel.

Antioxidant Lip Balm
This lip balm contains shea butter and vitamin E to help keep lips super soft. It also contains rose hip, which helps to keep in with the rose theme but also contains pomegranate, which helps to explain the taste! The lip balm claims to protect, restore lips and keep lips super soft. I have to admit my lips have felt super soft and restored since using this product. As much as I love this lip balm and it's one of the best lip balms I've ever used, I just cannot justify spending £14.40 on a lip balm!

Double Rose Rejuvenating Face Cream
This face cream claims to be light and nourishing and leave skin feeling hydrated and glowing. I have to admit I have been loving my skin this week since using this cream and it definitely looks and feels a lot better. You can only buy the cream in a glass pot that costs £39.95 which is completely out of my price range, and this has genuinely broke my heart.

Rose Facial Cleansing Gel
Let's just point out the most important thing with this product, the smell is to die for. This face wash claims to gently cleanse and refresh the skin. It works as well as a face wash can work I guess, my skin did feel refreshed. It says to rinse off with a muslin cloth for a deeper cleanse, which is something I don't understand at all, maybe it's just me? For someone with oily and acne prone skin I used face washes targeted towards these, and although it was a pleasant face washing experience, I still feel like my skin needed that little bit more. Also for £45.96 I'd very rarely use this on my face!

All in all I loved these products, I loved how they made my skin look and feel and the scents were clearly a big help! Unfortunately they are completely out of my price range, maybe one day I'll treat myself to something.. Especially the lip balm and face cream.

Did you get a chance to try these products? Have you ever tried anything from The Organic Pharmacy before? Would you consider trying these products? Let me know below!