Wednesday, 29 July 2015

BzzAgent | Jacob's Cracker Crisps

A kind of blog post that I haven't done in a while, a BzzAgent blog post! This time I was lucky enough to be invited to try the new Jacob's Cracker Crisps and I couldn't be more excited.

I received three full bags, one of each flavour to experience the full flavour. I always find it incredible when companies send out full sized products as samples for people to try.

As with most BzzAgent campaigns I was provided with three vouchers that are designed to be shared with friends when your talking about the product you're trying. They give people 50p off a pack of cracker crisps, which doesn't sound a lot but for a product that retails at the average of £2 a pack, I think for some people that 50p will be enough to persuade them to try. A slight warning if you do decide to try these cracker crisps, they are incredibly moreish and I promise if you try one you'll be wanting more, I struggled to put them down.

I'm not entirely sure what I was expecting from this product, I think in my head I was expecting them to be similar to Ritz Biscuits or maybe like a crisp as the name suggests. However they were a bit thicker and they remind me so much of the little cheese biscuits that everyone seems to buy around Christmas time... Surprisingly I found them to be a lot 'crisper' and there is a definite crunch when you bite into these products. There a three shapes in each bag, whether this is important to people or not is a personal decision.

Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar
These were the first flavour to be tested, probably because it's a safe flavour that everybody is familiar with. This isn't the traditional salt and vinegar flavour that people are used to, for me personally the balsamic vinegar adds that hint of sharpness that you'd expect from the vinegar taste but there is also an underlying hint of sweetness. I didn't find them to be overpowering as some salt and vinegar products.

Thai Sweet Chilli
I am someone who loves Thai Sweet Chilli Sensations and I am constantly trying Sweet Chilli flavoured products in the hope to find a similar flavour. These didn't let me down and I instantly fell in love with this flavour, and I honestly think it could be my favourite flavour. As with most sweet chilli flavoured products the more you eat the warmer they become.

Sour Cream & Chive
This was the last flavour I tried and was slightly apprehensive to try. I love sour cream and chive flavoured foods, however I always find that too much of this flavour can become very overpowering. I initially found the flavouring to be a little strong, however the more of this flavour I ate the nicer they became and the more I wanted.

I can honestly say that these products didn't last me long, I highly doubt they've done my diet any good but they are simply so moreish and I struggled to put them down. Luckily for me my Mum was also chosen to be part of this campaign so we had two bags of each flavour for the entire family to try.

If you think this would be your kind of product I'd recommend you trying them, I think they'd work fantastic at a party, a summer BBQ or simply as a snack. I'm not sure if I'll pick up a bag of these at full price, however if I spy them on offer I'll definitely be picking up another bag or two.