Friday, 15 May 2015

Friday First | The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

The Body Shop is a guilty pleasure of mine, especially when they send me a voucher.. It's a very dangerous email for me to receive!

So I picked up a few things but I grabbed the Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter as it's something that I have been lusting over for what feels like forever, but I'm also aware that it has been blogged about to death.

I was slightly sceptical about this product, purely because the idea of rubbing a product onto my dry face seems completely alien to me, especially when I'm using it to remove my makeup. But oh did this product prove me wrong! This cleansing butter can quite easily remove an entire day of makeup and it doesn't matter it I've had a very minimal face or my full face with eyeliner and everything, I no longer wake up with panda eyes even when I think I've removed everything. My face feels clean after using this, feels baby soft and most importantly it doesn't feel irritated and neither do my eyes.

The scent of camomile is a very subtle and 'barely' there scent. It isn't enough to irritate your skin, but for me it's the perfect scent for a cleansing product, I love it. The product simply melts in my hands as soon as I rub it between my fingers and it feels incredible rubbing it into the skin, it took me a couple of uses to get used to it, but now it's one of my favourite parts of my routine.

I wasn't too sure about this product when I first used it because my skin broke out horrendously and I couldn't work out if this was due to a new product or if it was hormonal, I've since concluded it was hormonal but when you first introduce a new product you can't be too careful!

Will I continue to use The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter? I'll definitely be using up this tin of it. It's become my favourite part of my skincare routine, and it's oddly satisfying feeling your makeup just melt away.
Would I repurchase The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter? I'm not sure, I'm going to see how long this tin lasts me. I don't think £12 is the cheapest, and there are a few cheaper but similar products I want to try. But The Body Shop always have amazing sales or discount codes so I think I will eventually repurchase one!
Would I recommend The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter? I would. I love how my skin feels after using this product and I love how easily it removes all of my makeup.
Overall score out of 5? A strong 4. Like I said above, there are a few cheaper and similar products that I want to try, but I am absolutely loving this product.


Have you ever tried The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter? Would you ever try this product? Do you already use a similar product? Let me know below!