Sunday, 17 May 2015

Beauty | Skin Saviours

I feel that the theme on my blog this week is skin care, completely unintended I swear! But today I'm here to talk about, and sing the praises of, the products that have absolutely saved my skin. Admittedly I don't have the best skin in the world; I'm only human, I have oily skin and my skin reacts awfully when it's that time of the month shall we say. It's taken me a long time to find products that work for my skin, but finally I seem to have cracked it!

Face Washes
I use two face washes, depending on how my skin is. I use my Clean & Clear Exfoliating Daily Wash on the days where my skin is behaving and it quite calm, and then I use my Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub on the days where I need a little bit extra on the days where my skin is just not cooperating. I've spoke about my Avon Care 3-in-1 Cleansing Lotion enough times on this blog and everyone knows just how much I love it, it adds that little bit of moisture back into my skin whilst it's still damp.

Daily Care
Once I've washed my face in the morning I then go in with three products to get me through the day. I start with my Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Blemish Stick that I've also spoke about before just to focus on my blemish areas. My moisturiser of choice is the Garnier Skin Naturals Moisture Match Shine Be Gone Mattifying Fresh Cream to add moisture back into my skin, keep it moisturised throughout the day and to help control my shine. To then hope control my shine even more throughout the day I then go in with my Boots Skin Clear Oil Free Mattifying Lotion.

Night Care
When it comes to removing my entire face of makeup from the day I first reach for my Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water to remove most of my makeup, I then reach for The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter, which I spoke about on Friday, to remove whatever is left over. I then go back in with my blemish stick from boots and I then give my skin a final deep clean for the night using my Clearasil Superfruits Refreshing Pads that I actually learnt about from Sian over at littlewhitedoe.

Pamper
On the days where I want to pamper my skin and also give my skin a little bit more I reach for the Honey & Oat 3 in 1 Scrub Mask from The Body Shop. Although I have predominately oily skin I also have patches of dry skin and this masks not only makes my skin feel pampered and soft, but it also helps out with the dry patches.


Wishlist
For me exfoliation is a key part to skin care and it really has helped my skin more than I could ever imagine. The one item at the top of my skin care wish list is the Magnitone Lucid. I absolutely love the idea that it is suitable for use on a daily basis and it can be used with existing products so you don't also have to buy specific products. Skin can also be over exfoliated and the auto-stop function sounds like my absolute dream with this product. Now, if someone could tell Santa that I want this product I would be eternally grateful.


Let me know what products you absolutely swear by for your skin! Let me know what is on your skincare wish list!