Friday, 20 March 2015

Friday First | Shimmer Dust Gift Box

Today I'm talking about the No 7 Shimmer Dust Gift Box which I received for Christmas. I've been thinking about how to review these items for a while and then I decided to review the box all in one go! I love these little gift boxes from No 7 because for me they're a great and easy way to try products that I wouldn't normally get a chance to try.


No 7 Lash Impact Mascara in Black
A mascara that claims to 'add intense volume for dramatic lashes.. great volume in 1 coat, and an amplified false lash effect in 2 coats without clumping'. I wasn't disappointed with this mascara, I saw an immediate effect with just one coat and I do feel that with two coats I have got some great volume, I wouldn't go as far as false lash effect but I love my lashes, no clumps in sight either! Not sure if I'm a fan of the normal price tag of £13.50..

No 7 High Shine Lipgloss in Glaze
A lipgloss that 'is a collagen boosting moisturising gloss that glides on for voluptuous smoothing shine. With vitamins that protect and care for lips'. I'm not a person who wears lipgloss a lot, these days I usually throw on my lip balm and I'm out the door. I didn't really know what to expect from the colour of this, it looked very different on my hand to the tube. It didn't apply easily, it wasn't sticky but it didn't slide on, I had to keep picking up more product just to get this on my lips. For £9.50 I won't be purchasing this for myself, but I might pass this one onto my mum.


No 7 Youthful Eye Serum
So I can't fairly review this product as you're meant to see results in 4 weeks, maybe I'll come back to this one later. It's meant to work on wrinkles, dark circles and puffiness and although I'm not seeing any instant results my eye area does seem softer and smoother.. Although for £19.50 normally I'll be wanting miracles, I think I'll come back to this in a few weeks.


No 7 Stay Perfect Eyeshadow
The shade I have is the bottom shade from the Cappuccino trio and claims to 'blend effortlessly and last for hours'. When I swatched it on my finger it looked a lot darker than I expected, but it blended lovely on my arm. It's not a colour I'd wear all over, but it's a shadow that I can make work in my crease to add some depth when I wear my winged liner. It did blend easily into my crease and it lasted nicely all day.


So here is my face with all the products! For my base I'm using L'Oreal Paris Infallible Matte in Porcelaine, set with my Laura Paige powder in Transclucent and Seventeen Smoulder Gel Eyeliner to create my winged. As you can see the eyeshawdow is just adding that little bit more depth onto my eyes, and just look at the volume from that mascara. The lipgloss gave off a very natural colour, that I wasn't actually expecting, it's a nice colour.

Just for good measure here is proof that I cannot be serious when taking blog pictures, can anybody?

Do you use No 7 products? Do you have a favourite? Would you use any of these products? Let me know below!