Friday, 27 February 2015

Friday First | The Body Shop Picks

I picked up a few pieces from The Body Shop the other week and I thought it would on be fair to include them in a Friday First! I picked up these pieces online, Body Shop still had their online sale on and Martin Lewis provided another discount code when he was on This Morning and I thought it would be rude to not put them to good use. So let's jump straight in to the pieces I picked up.

White Musk Libertine, £5
I have always loved White Musk, it's the scent that I have always associated with my mum since I was a little girl. I treated my mum to a mini White Musk and was wanting a perfume for myself so I picked up Libertine for £3. It's White Musk with notes of grapefruit blossom, Turkish delight and baby orchid. The floral and sweet tones definitely come through when I'm wearing this perfume, I've only worn it a few times but I've been complimented each time.

Will I continue to use White Musk Libertine? I will, it's a scent I adore but I love the sweet tones that come through.
Would I repurchase White Musk Libertine? I think I will, it's a perfume that isn't too dissimilar from what I'd normally go for but with a difference.
Would I recommend White Musk Libertine? I would if it was someone who I knew enjoyed sweet perfumes.
Overall score out of 5? I'd give this product a 4, I only wish I'd picked up a bigger size!

Vanilla Brulee Body and Room Spray, Christmas Range
When I smelt the Christmas ranges Vanilla Brulee was the range that instantly grabbed me, so I couldn't not pick it up for £2.10. Anyone who knows me will know that I absolutely love vanilla so this is no surprise. I wasn't let down by this product, and I hope they bring it back for next Christmas, or permanently.

Will I continue to use the Vanilla Brulee Body and Room Spray? I will, I think I'll use it more as a room spray as oposed to a body spray but I will definitely get the use out of this.
Would I repurchase the Vanilla Brulee Body and Room Spray? If The Body Shop bring this scent back for Christmas this year I'll be running out to purchase it.
Would I recommend the Vanilla Brulee Body and Room Spray? I would, again if it's bought back for Christmas I'll be screaming from the rooftops about this product.
Overall score out of 5? I'd give this product a 3, I'll probably use this more as a room spray, but with the size of this bottle it'll last me forever!

Chocomania Body Scrub, £5
As a chocolate lover I couldn't really turn this product down could I? It was already on sale for £2.50 and I managed to pick it up for £1.20 with the discount code! The scrub contains cocoa butter and cane sugar, however I can't say I find it as exfoliating as other scrubs I've used.

Will I continue to use the Chocomania Body Scrub? I'll definitely get my use out of this product, it's only a small tub and after one use I don't have much left so I'll definitely finish it.
Would I repurchase the Chocomania Body Scrub? I wouldn't, I haven't found it to be as exfoliating as other scrubs I've used.
Would I recommend the Chocomania Body Scrub? I don't think I would, I know of body scrubs that a lot more exfoliating.
Overall score out of 5? I'd give this product a 2, I love the scent and how this lingers but I can't say I was overly impressed.

Chocomania Body Butter, £13
Again, I couldn't not pick this product up. I can't remember what it was on sale for, but I did really well and managed to pick it up for a steal at 90p! The website states that the body butter sinks straight into the skin and provides 24-hour hydration, well this is definitely does. What shocked me with this is that the body butter is almost solid, it's easy enough to get out of the tub but this means that I always underestimate how much I actually have to use. The only was I can describe the scent is that of normal cocoa butter but with slightly more chocolate.. and believe me it lasts!

Will I continue to use the Chocomania Body Butter? I'll definitely finish the tub of this product.
Would I repurchase the Chocomania Body Butter? I wouldn't, I can't really find that much difference between Chocomania and any other cocoa butter moisturisers that I use apart from Chocomania has more of a chocolate scent.
Would I recommend the Chocomania Body Butter? I think I would, but I could also recommend other cocoa butter products, I can't say it stands off the shelf though.
Overall score out of 5? I'd give this product a 3, it is definitely moisturising and the feeling does last all day. The scent really does linger, but this can be slightly overpowering when it's all I can smell on my hands no matter how many times I was them that day. But I can't think of anything about this product that I really hate.

So there are the products I picked up in The Body Shop sale! Did you managed to pick anything up in The Body Shop sale? Have you tried anything I mentioned? What are you favourite Body Shop products? Let me know below.