Saturday, 28 February 2015

Fashion | Oscar 2015 Top Picks

Sunday 22nd February 2015 saw the 87th Academy Awards.. Or to you and me the Oscars. Of course when it comes to the Oscars we all have the films, actors and actresses that we want to win but we all look forward to the red carpet fashion. So just like I did with the Grammys and BAFTAs, here are my top fashion picks from this years Oscar Awards, starting with the picks that worked for me.

1. Benedict Cumberbatch and his wife Sophie Hunter wearing Lanvin, I wasn't able to find who Benedict was wearing but he looked handsome as ever in his white tux, but can we talk about how fabulous Sophie is dressing that baby bump? 2. Eddie Redmayne and his wife Hannah Bagshawe both wearing Alexander McQueen, I'm not overly keen on the little feather bits on Hannah's hips, but apart from that I think they both look stunning, especially Eddie in his navy blue suit 3. Adam Levine wearing Giorgio Armani and his wife 
Behati Prinsloo wearing Armani Prive, I just cannot chose who I'm in love with more from this couple.
4. Channing Tatum wearing Dolce & Gabbana and his wife Jenna Dewan-Tatum wearing Zuhair Murad. Jenna is a stunning woman anyway, but Channing looks so handsome in his bowtie 5. Neil Patrick Harris wearing Ermenegildo Zegna couture and his husband David Burtka. I was unable to find who David was wearing but Neil and David are one of my favourite couples and I love the grey suit as opposed to the normal black tie.

6. Reese Witherspoon wearing Tom Ford. I simply cannot get over how elegant, timeless and classic this dress is.. Pure classic Hollywood 7. Meryl Streep wearing Lanvin. It was the shoes that originally caught my eye with this outfit and then I saw it was Meryl, looking absolutely stunning and like she's having the best time! 8. Kelly Osbourne wearing Rita Vinieris and Sophia Webster shoes. I cannot get over the cut of this dress with the lace top, I honestly think I'm in love.
9. Sienna Miller wearing Peter Cropping. I can't put my finger on what it is I like about this dress but it grabbed my eye straight away, I can't say I'm crazy about the makeup though. 10. Rita Ora wearing a custom made Marchesa. I love everything about this dress, the cut, the colour, the embellishment and the train.. It's just beautiful 11. Jennifer Aniston wearing Versace. I know people have been slating this dress but I like it on her, I think the colour suits her so well, it's very simple yet very apt.

12. Keira Knightley wearing Valentino. There was a risk of this dress turning into curtains but it definitely didn't, Keira is definitely dressing that baby bump well 13. Felicity Jones wearing Alexander McQueen. A dress that has definitely split a lot of people with the top and bottom being so different, but I like it. I can't put my finger on what it is, however I like the top and bottom both together and separately 14. Anna Faris wearing Zuhair Murad. Again people have slated this dress but I like it.. To put it simply it's sparkly and I'm a magpie.

15. Rosamund Pike wearing Givenchy. The red lace gives the appearance of roses to me and I think the cut is classic and suits Rosamund perfectly. Can we also appreciate she had a baby 12 weeks ago and that waist is tiny! 16. Dakota Johnson wearing Saint Laurent. I love the cut of this dress and the one shoulder detail, the colour and the split.. It also suits her skin tone perfectly 17. Anna Kendrick wearing a custom made Thakoon Panichgul. The colour of this dress suits Anna perfectly and I love the neck detail and how this dress hangs.

18. Jennifer Hudson wearing Romona Keveza. The colour of this dress looks gorgeous on Jennifer, I'm pretty sure I'd love almost everything this woman wore 19. David Oyelowo wearing Dolce & Gabanna. I'm a sucker for a man who can wear a coloured suit and David looks so handsome in this red suit, perfect for the red carpet 20. Chris Pine wearing Giorgio Armani looking handsome as usual.. Don't think I'm so keen on the hair however.

And now moving onto the fashion picks that didn't quite hit the mark for me..
1. Jennifer Lopez wearing Elie Saab. I know a lot of people love this dress and don't get me wrong I love the bottom half and the nude sparkle but for me the colour is too close to her own skin tone and the neckline is too plunging 2. Chloe Grace Moretz wearing Miu Miu. To me this is pure curtains.. And the little band at the top of the dress is again too close to her own skin tone and it gives the impression that is starts lower than it does. Also it's probably how she's standing but I really don't like the cut of this dress 3. Marion Cotillard wearing Dior Couture. That black band at the bottom on the back.. Just no, not for me. I don't understand this dress.

4. Scarlett Johansson wearing Versace. I love the cut of this dress and the colour, and it had the potential to be a beautiful dress I just think the necklace ruined this dress by being too much 5. Lorelia Linklater wearing Gabriela Cadena. I don't even know where to start with this dress, I don't like the cut or the mesh panelling with the floral pattern..

6. Jared Leto wearing Givenchy. I'm torn with this outfit because I like the suit and the lilac colouring, it's different but not too out there. However for me it's the shoes that ruin this, that make no sense because what shoes what he meant to wear, but to me he looks like a ken doll 7. Will.i.am, I wasn't able to find what he was wearing but I don't even know where to start with this outfit.. The shirt, the trousers.. Just everything.

I feel that this was a long blog post, but there was just so much fashion that I loved! I also feel that I didn't have many men in my picks, but I found that so many men were wearing the same black tux I just couldn't differentiate. What were your top picks from this years Oscar Awards? Let me know below!